1.    #1  
    I saw an article recently that recommended using one or the other of these programs along w/ Datebk4. Is there anyone out there who uses these programs together? Is the added functionality worth it? I just installed Datebk4 and I'm still in the process of trying to learn everything. It seems like a pretty powerful program but even w/ the help of the manual it's still taking some time to figure everything out.
    Originally posted by julize
    I saw an article recently that recommended using one or the other of these programs along w/ Datebk4. Is there anyone out there who uses these programs together? Is the added functionality worth it? I just installed Datebk4 and I'm still in the process of trying to learn everything. It seems like a pretty powerful program but even w/ the help of the manual it's still taking some time to figure everything out.
    I have been using ToDoPlus for awhile now and am very happy w/ it (No Crash!). I like the additional features to add text, pictures to a task. Try it!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hi,

for me (sales person, always out in the car) DateBK4 seems to be enough, so far i did not see any reason to install and try any other software fo my todo's or appointments.
    I do not know To Do Plus.
    What may be useful if you have many contacts is a 3rd party address book, i.e. 'super names'.
    Datebk4 has repeat ToDos, but it does not repeat on fixed days, weeks, etc. Datebk4 will repeat x many days from the date completed or due only.

If you need a todo that repeats the first of each month, every monday, every three days, etc. you will need to supplement Datebk4 with ReDo.

I use Datebk4 and highly recommend it! I would hate to live without it.
    Originally posted by Rolando
    Datebk4 has repeat ToDos, but it does not repeat on fixed days, weeks, etc. Datebk4 will repeat x many days from the date completed or due only.

If you need a todo that repeats the first of each month, every monday, every three days, etc. you will need to supplement Datebk4 with ReDo.
    This used to be true, but with Datebk4 4.0e (preview version p7), there is now an option in the Todo Preferences dialog (down at the bottom right of the screen) titled "Resched." and with a "Today" or "Due" option.

From the Info box for the Todo Preferences dialog:

"The Resched. pushbuttons determine whether a repeat ToDo is rescheduled from the day you crossed it off (TODAY) or from it's original due date (DUE)."

However, this is true for ALL Todos in Datebk4 -- you can't choose one option for some and one for another.

2) I tend to let Todos repeat from the day I crossed it off. For things that I want to repeat on a fixed schedule, but also get carried over to the next day until I complete them, I use Datebk4 Floating Events. (One can even convert a Floating Event to a Todo and visa-versa.)

There's a long running debate on the Pimlico Software newsgroup about where to use Todos and where to use Floating Events. The great thing about Datebk4 is that you can Have It Your Way. (Better read the manual, though.)

I use Datebk4 and highly recommend it! I would hate to live without it.
    Amen!
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    The only feature I've noticed present exclusively in TD+ is the ability to add drawings to a task. The alarm features in TD+ are all present (and more) in Dtbk4. So unless you see yourself needing to draw, you'll be well-served by Dtbk4, IMO.
    Hope this is of some help.