1.    #1  
    Treo powers up spontaneously, with a HotSync cycle, even powering on to do so.

Now power does not come on, although the power button works for "Off" just fine. Only ways to power on: 1) soft reset; 2) SD card insert/extract; 3) opening my Bt headset -- Motorola HS850. This does not happen when Bluetooth is disabled.

Power on immediately begins a HotSync cycle, but if plugged in, it does not recognize the sync cable. After canceling cycle, responses seem normal, until a HotSync comes up a few minutes later.

Have tried various combinations of soft, medium, hard resets, and the 650 updater 1.13 from sprint.com without success. Has my sync port gone South to join my headphone jack?
    I am having the same problem. Help would be great!
    --Josh
    So far, drying out Treo seems to have fixed my reset problem!
    --Josh
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I have discovered that the cause is static electricity
    Last night I opened the Treo and cleaned the PCB with Alcohol 70%, expecially at sync cable area. But still got no luck Any suggestion?
    Last edited by waow; 11/11/2007 at 06:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by waow View Post
    Last night I opened the Treo and cleaned the PCB with Alcohol 70%, expecially at sync cable area. But still got no luck Any suggestion?
    Remember, 70% alcohol means 30% water. I bet it's still wet. Open all possible slots & hatches then run hairdryer on warm but not hot and let it dry out. worked for me.
    --Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by steinbej View Post
    Remember, 70% alcohol means 30% water. I bet it's still wet. Open all possible slots & hatches then run hairdryer on warm but not hot and let it dry out. worked for me.
    --Josh
    Hi Josh and all,

I'd like to share the good news with you all My problem solved last night. Don't know exactly what I did, but last night I clean all the PCB surfaces (both side) with Alcohol and leave the PCB until it dry.

So to all whom got the same problem as mine, I encourage you to do this step but please be careful. As Josh said don't assembly your Treo while it still wet.