1.    #1  
    Hello All,

I have another Chatter question for you. My email is set up as follows. I have Gmail A forwarded to Gmail B, and Gmail B forwarded to Fastmail, which is what I get on the treo. In this case, when I reply/type a message on the Treo, the From address is that of Gmail B @gmail.com. Gmail B is my main account, but what do I have to set up on the treo to be able to chose to have the "from" field when typing a message to be from Gmail A?

Thanks a lot,

Purdue

P S If this doesn't make sense right now, I'll check in the morning, I'm exhausted....
    Purdue...

I JUST WENT THROUGH THIS SAME PROBLEM!! ... I dont think you can have two return email options... what i do is forward my gmails to aim... for the speed of IMAP... that way i seperate my two emails, and get two return addresses.

What does fast mal cost?? also what did you pay for chatter??
    In GMail A, pull down the menu and select "Edit Mailbox" --> SMTP --> Put a check in the "Default" box at the bottom of the page.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by princealyy View Post
    Purdue...

I JUST WENT THROUGH THIS SAME PROBLEM!! ... I dont think you can have two return email options... what i do is forward my gmails to aim... for the speed of IMAP... that way i seperate my two emails, and get two return addresses.

What does fast mal cost?? also what did you pay for chatter??
    Fastmail is free, works great. Chatter-30, it was on sale, not sure if it still is.

Thanks RS, that worked!

Purdue
    Quote Originally Posted by purdue1014 View Post
    Fastmail is free, works great. Chatter-30, it was on sale, not sure if it still is.

Thanks RS, that worked!

Purdue
    Thanks Purdue

I am going to use it for another two weeks before buying it... i have had it crash a few times so im not sure if i can use it full time...
    Many of us use ChatterEmail full time with no crashes. I have a 700p that has ChatterEmail running 24/7 with no burps.

Ben
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by princealyy View Post
    Thanks Purdue

I am going to use it for another two weeks before buying it... i have had it crash a few times so im not sure if i can use it full time...
    Sure thing. FWIW on my 680, it seems ever since I did the month trial, about once every 2 weeks or so, I find my treo inexplicably turned off, after having having not used it for a few hours or so. It's no problem though, turn it back on and it is good to go....

Purdue
    can someone post a link to get fastmail?
    Fastmail.net

Ben
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    www.fastmail.fm is the one I use... I love it. Its free for 40 megs / month methinks... From my experience, if you do it correctly you can't tell that its not really a gmail IMAP account...
    One great thing about ChatterEmail is that you can select which server to send your email from - it works well. I have it set for Gmail, FastMail and ChatterEmail (ChatterEmail is my primary address). Gmail and FastMail are set to forward to ChatterEmail, meaning that everything goes to ChatterEmail and is then pushed to the device and I do not have to concern myself with which email address I give someone - I get them all on the Treo and the laptop.

Ben

Ben