Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    Five colours perhaps!

You bloody Brits! Always making a mess of the President's good American!

Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by null_developer View Post
    You bloody Brits! Always making a mess of the President's good American!

About those back taxes....

PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    The tea still tastes a bit salty...
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
  5.    #25  
    http://www.pdafrance.com/img/news200...pdafrance5.jpg

Looks pretty large next to the Pearl. 320x320 screen confirmed?

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post

Surur
    Definitely 320x320.

Weird how it says "Treo" right on it, no?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    And no carrier branding.

They show it running POS so this would be an unlocked GSM device.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Definitely 320x320.

Weird how it says "Treo" right on it, no?
    good catch. thats funny becuase on the apps screen is say "mon(my) centro"
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    The grey block on the top right suggests it's an engineering sample, so the Treo name might not be present on production models
    Yeah that is an odd one treo branding but not a treo?
    I probably haven't followed this as closely as i might, but what is the evidence that the device is actually called 'Centro'? Couldn't it be that 'Centro' is an application and/or a service? Remember Jeff Hawkins rather cryptically said:

I'll give you a couple clues. I always think of mobile computing as personal computing. This long-term vision has led us through everything -- first the organizers and now through the smart phone space. It's like everything a personal computer is. Continue down that path. What are the implications of a world where everyone has a super high-speed Internet connection in their pocket and many gigabytes of storage, super-fast processors, audio, visual and multimedia? What are the consequences of that? How will that change computing when you have all that stuff available to you all the time? I try to think into the future. That's how we come up with new products. So I'm not going to tell you what it is, but it's following the consequences of mobile computing.
    http://sanjose.bizjournals.com/sanjo...ml?t=printable

Perhaps that (whatever he means) is what 'Centro' is?
  12.    #32  
    Yes,maybe its a service that is designed to work perfectly with the Foleo, and which has now been rendered useless by its cancellation.

Surur
    Yes,maybe its a service that is designed to work perfectly with the Foleo, and which has now been rendered useless by its cancellation.
    Sadly, no kind of bad news from Palm is surprising these days. Hopefully, if it really is a service, it's Foleo-independent.
    OK, just re-read this at PIC:

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/9...due-this-fall/

Says:

PalmInfocenter has confirmed at this time that the Centro is a new Palm OS smartphone that will include EVDO high speed data in a new form-factor. Read on for the rest of the details we know so far...
    So for the hypothesis to hold up 'Centro' would have to be either both a device and an application/service (or PIC would have to be wrong). Looking a bit creaky!

Then again:

Paul also states that there is a "bigger story" behind the Centro which will be revealed closer to the product release date.
    Perhaps it's so big they named the device after the app/service
    Paul also states that there is a "bigger story" behind the Centro which will be revealed closer to the product release date.
    I actually was going to start a thread about this very subject, but this sentense only showed up on the palninfocenter blog not the gearlog blog so I don't know how reliable it is.

Anyway, I am guessing it's some kind of mp3/video sync program plus a (Sprint) online picture library. I personally hope its a tight intergration service with either yahoo or google. With yahoo it should tie up to the flickr account; with google, it should tie up to picassa, youtube and...whatever music store they are running now. Make it DRM free too.
    Last edited by whatever7; 09/06/2007 at 10:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    I actually was going to start a thread about this very subject, but this sentense only showed up on the palninfocenter blog not the gearlog blog so I don't know how reliable it is.

Anyway, I am guessing it's some kind of mp3/video sync program plus a (Sprint) online picture library. I personally hope its a tight intergration service with either yahoo or google. With yahoo it should tie up to the flickr account; with google, it should tie up to picassa, youtube and...whatever music store they are running now. Make it DRM free too.
    Interesting . . . this is pure random speculation, but what if the Centro will have some of the features of the Google Phone? Sprint and Google already have announced a partnership relating to WiMax and if Palm is targeting a younger audience a suite of Google apps would certainly attract attention.

Reality will probably be much more boring though.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Q: whats that little hole I see on the left side? Is it a front side camera... it can't be the earpiece. It could be the LED light though. thats possible.

Anyway, for $99 on GSM, I would have grabbed one instead of my 680's heafty $399 price-tag. I would have eventually gone to the 680, but the "Centro" would have been a nice, slim, transition Palm OS device.

I really like it
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Looks like the hole is for the LED.

The idea that centro is an application is interesting. As to what this mystery piece of information is, there may be a clue in the Centro Promotion (http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/1329-1.htm)... win 5 Centros. I've never heard of such a promotion.
    - Could be pointing to the fact that you get 5 for the price of 1
    - Could have a "killer" push to talk (or IM for youths) type of feature... vidcon?

As a 680 owner, I am intrigued. I need a bigger battery though and the smaller form factor worries me.

Surur
    Yes, but the Pearl is a tiny little thing. The first time I saw one I didn't realize it was a smartphone until I had a closer look at it. It really is almost to small for most smartphone related activites.

TKOS
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast