1.    #1  
    is there a way to have wi-fi on the 650 other thank the enfora wi-fi adapter?
    thanks
    No.

Glad you joined the TreoCentral community. If you'll notice on the upper, right hand side of each forum, there is a button that says "Search this Forum." That is really useful to quickly get most answers to your questions, usually quicker than waiting for someone to respond to your questions.

Although many people want wi-fi on their Treo's, others (like me), get by very well with the wireless connection. The key is to find mobile-optimized websites.
  3.    #3  
    thanks.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    No.

Although many people want wi-fi on their Treo's, others (like me), get by very well with the wireless connection. The key is to find mobile-optimized websites.
    Newb here (looking to buy smart phone) Wouldn't I have to pay extra for a "data plan" from the carrier to do this though?
    Quote Originally Posted by hotkey View Post
    Newb here (looking to buy smart phone) Wouldn't I have to pay extra for a "data plan" from the carrier to do this though?
    Yes, and most carriers require you to add the data plan if you purchase the Treo with the rebates.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    What about a wi-fi enabled treo? Why don't they have one? Next gen?
    I posted this in another thread:

"I keep seeing people beg for wi-fi in their Treos. But I truly can't understand why it is so important. As long as you have a wireless connection, you can get reasonably good Internet connectivity. If you are in an EVDO area, it is very good. Of course, it may be slow to pull up full-blown webpages, but if you use the mobile ones, it works fine, especially on EVDO. Really, what other use would there be for wi-fi in a Treo?"

Okay, if you don't want to pay for a data plan, I guess wi-fi would be beneficial. But if you were only going to use wi-fi and no data, I would be getting a Windows Mobile device.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    I posted this in another thread:

"I keep seeing people beg for wi-fi in their Treos. But I truly can't understand why it is so important. As long as you have a wireless connection, you can get reasonably good Internet connectivity. If you are in an EVDO area, it is very good. Of course, it may be slow to pull up full-blown webpages, but if you use the mobile ones, it works fine, especially on EVDO. Really, what other use would there be for wi-fi in a Treo?"

Okay, if you don't want to pay for a data plan, I guess wi-fi would be beneficial. But if you were only going to use wi-fi and no data, I would be getting a Windows Mobile device.
    Unless you owned hundreds of palm aps.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotkey View Post
    Unless you owned hundreds of palm aps.
    In that case you'll need to purchase the Palm OS simulator Styletap.

It works very well.
    Or just get a Palm OS Treo...
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Or just get a Palm OS Treo...
    The whole issue is no treo has wifi!
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by okyourabeast View Post
    In that case you'll need to purchase the Palm OS simulator Styletap.

It works very well.
    Whoa - maybe we're getting somewhere! I can get a wi-fi smart phone with windows mobile, and all my palm aps will run in a virtual sim?

If so that could be the answer and if so now what smart phone (windows mobile) should I be looking at?

Is there a Palm sim for Blackberry too?

Thx for the help!