Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just curious, how many of you are using Sprint On Demand? I haven't really explored it.

If you use it, what are the benefits and what do you like about it?
    Nope, don't use it. Pretty much all of the information is available via other easy-to-update sources. On Demand is good for a one-stop-shop, but I prefer using multiple apps that I can update quickly and independently. Also, the On Demand RAM footprint is too big.
  3.    #3  
    Is On Demand just a collection of website info? If I have it, how do I uninstall it or turn off activation?
    I use OnDemand regularly and find that it's the most convenient way for me to view news, sports and weather. It can be set to update on a schedule (and updates quickly via EVDO) and once updated, does not require a wireless connection. Better than AvantGo (similar idea) or using the pokey Blazer.
    I use it for stock updates and weather info. My favorite thing is getting full screen weather radar maps.
    On Demand resets my 755 each time I try to launch it.
    On Demand is dumb... You can find everything on there on other sites/apps... Too hard to update and takes up too much memory... Plus you have to pay monthly for it... They take forever to get a sports score update too...
    This has been posted before - there is no charge for the service. I guess there are things in there that could potentially incur a charge, but I think you have to agree to it or call Sprint to add it.
    Things like the news, weather and even 411 and maps are all free.
    I have it update at 2:30 (after a backup runs at 2:00) and will read through major headlines before I get out of bed in the morning. Plus you can look at the weather real quick as well.
    So I use it and like it and have never (even back when I used it on a 700p) paid a dime for it.
    Plus if you take your stylus and hold it down on the icon(s) it gives you an option to save the data to a card.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ballstate View Post
    On Demand resets my 755 each time I try to launch it.
    I posted this thread and then tried to go to it. Now, I'm getting the exact same thing.

Every time I try to access OD, my Treo is resetting.

Any Ideas? Only apps I have installed are NVBackup and Mundu.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I look at it once in a blue moon. I can take it or leave it.
    I used it for a couple of weeks and just deleted from my 755 a few days ago. Nice app, but with 3G on the 755, I just don't see a need for it any more.
    I use it everyday. I have it update 10 minutes before I wake up. It gives me the top 5 stories of the day in about 10 different categories. I scan the articles and read whats interesting. They are all AP News articles. If you watch the news in the morning, it seems like they are just reading off the on demand page. Weather is ok also.
    I use it for the weaher. I can store different locations so I can quickly see what the weather will be where I am or where I'm headed for. I know I can do it on the web but OD is quicker.
    I use it for the weather. I can store different locations so I can quickly see what the weather will be where I am or where I'm headed for. I know I can do it on the web but OD is quicker.
    I've never use it. Info available elsewhere on sites directly or using apps like 4cast, etc.
    And never trusted that it was free. I've had several things show up on my bill that I've never agreed to w/Sprint. Oh sure, they'll remove the charge if you complain but engaging CS is a PITA.
    Anyway, I'm glad some of you are enjoying it.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Since I was previously buying HandMark Express for $5 a month, paying $2 a month for the the extra functionality you have to add to the free On Demand to get the apples to apples comparison; it was a no brainer for me.

Yes, most of it is all out there for free. I like the one stop shopping package, the interface and the automatic adds to contacts for 411 lookups feature and other little nuiances that are in the package.

I use it everyday, several times a day.

Cheers, Perry.

(HI TURBO and RICH !!)
    Everytime I move one to memory card, it disappears. Where is it?
    Matty
  18.    #18  
    Well, I reloaded it and will give it a try.
    Perry summed it up best for me. I probably use the sports the most since it neatly grabs all the latest scores/standings/game results into a decent usable format. Although I still like DA better, I've been using the Directory services while DA is out of commission. The Finance section I find useful mainly because I have it auto-update twice a day.

I didn't pay much attention to it when I first got the 700p, but since then I've gradually used it more and more. Pretty useful for something free.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Cheers, Perry.

(HI TURBO and RICH !!)[/QUOTE]

A BLAST FROM THE PAST.

Perry,
    Where have you been? PPR?
    Long time no post.
    Does this mean you're back?
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast