Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Does this mean you're back?
    Good Luck

Never really left. Just needed a break from the Boy Scout routine. Being positive can take it's toll. LOL

Cheers, Perry.

BTW -- who was it that the Tigers beat up?

Ah Yes. . . . poor Mississippi State 45-zip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Never really left. Just needed a break from the Boy Scout routine. Being positive can take it's toll. LOL

Cheers, Perry.

BTW -- who was it that the Tigers beat up?

Ah Yes. . . . poor Mississippi State 45-zip.
    OK Perry, I expect a lot more post from you.
    Yeah last night it was Miss St. but next week it's VT. Ouch.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I use OD for Sports and Movies. Don't really look at it for news because I read the USA Today every morning at school but the sports scores you can update individual games and get real time box scores and easy to read for as many teams as you want (my friend who is a hardcore fantasy baseball player loves this). Its also helpful when friends say "lets go see ___ at the movie theatre." I pull out my phone and can check the times for any movie theatre close to me. For this, it is faster than opening up Blazer and going to a shortcut and then clicking links. It just works.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Deleted it days after I got my 700p i.e O.D memory robbing file extensions. Cannot actually dump the app from the ROM but the extensions is the meat of wasted space.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I use for Movie times at area theaters. Weather for forecast and Radar.
  6.    #26  
    Does anyone know how I can set up NCAA Football for the conferences I want and not what is based on my zip code? I need info on the Longhorns

Thanks,

Rick
    Once you go into Football (NCAA), do menu->Teams->Select Teams. You can also select Conferences and/or pick as many teams as you like.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000 View Post
    Once you go into Football (NCAA), do menu->Teams->Select Teams. You can also select Conferences and/or pick as many teams as you like.
    Thanks Tom. And just to check, there is no additional Sprint charge for On Demand if you have a Vision plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    Everytime I move one to memory card, it disappears. Where is it?
    The same thing happens to me how do i get it back into RAM... or access it from the card???
    Quote Originally Posted by C5Longhorn View Post
    Thanks Tom. And just to check, there is no additional Sprint charge for On Demand if you have a Vision plan?
    Correct, no addt'l charge unless you buy one of the "premium" items like the games on the Extras page. They are clearly marked with a price, so no hidden charges I've even found.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdavis55 View Post
    The same thing happens to me how do i get it back into RAM... or access it from the card???
    I think this happened once a long time ago for me, but will have to figure out what I did to fix it. I think it's happened again as my PageOne has 8 icons and from the pic in this article I think I'm missing the "late breaking news channel".

Will repost once I find the fix.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdavis55 View Post
    I've got the same problem, and had the same problem on my 700p. Of course, nobody at Sprint knows how to fix it either
    Ok, I think I've found the problem. I'm pretty certain the root cause of missing channels is corrupted prefs entries for them in Saved Preferences. On my 700p, both of my OD:N (for News) entries in Saved Preferences were corrupted. I tried deleting the records with FileZ, but that wasn't enough to fix it. I may have been missing the On Demand-News.prc file as well.

If you are going to do what I did, please make a backup first - it might be critical that you do.

When the 700p first came out, there was a bug in On Demand which IIRC caused resets during updating. They pushed a new version out (v1.1.1541) to fix it which is posted by Handmark (makers of On Demand)here. If you d/l and run that, you basically do a reinstall which brings back the missing channels. It saved all of my settings, so was pretty painless.

I'm not sure how I got it this version (IIRC it was pushed to me), but I've been running v1.1.1556. After I ran the updater, I restored all the On Demand prc files from my backup so I'm back to running v1.1.1156 with all the channels present, working fine, and correct OD:N prefs records.

Not sure what is different in v1.1.1156, but that's why I recommend making a backup first.

If you've got a 755p, I hope this helps but I can't confirm this will work for you. The other option may be to delete all the On Demand files from RAM. Since it's already loaded in ROM, I think it's going to reinstall itself when you run it next. You'd likely have to set all your settings again, but perhaps not.

HTH. Here's a few relevant threads:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...4&postcount=35
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=122960
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=146828
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=150454
    is this covered by the SERO plan?
    I use it ALL the time. Weather and sports. I LOVE this app. I dont think it can be uninstalled/Deleted BTW.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    I dont think it can be uninstalled/Deleted BTW.
    Effectively, that's true since it comes preinstalled in the ROM. However, the files are still in RAM and can be deleted although they'll come back (from ROM) at the next soft reset I believe. This could be useful if you need to "reinstall" to fix missing channels.
    I use it for news when I'm bored or eating lunch by myself.
    (Perry - nice to see you posting again)

I use onDemand everyday. (700P). The parts i use have no cost. It's a good app. Set up the auto update and your off. It does ssem to use alot of memory, but that has not been an issue for me. There are lots of ways to get the same news - all depends on your preferance.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  19.    #39  
    Well, I used it this past weekend for sports and it seemed to work pretty well.

I agree its a personal preference thing.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000 View Post
    Perry summed it up best for me. I probably use the sports the most since it neatly grabs all the latest scores/standings/game results into a decent usable format. Although I still like DA better, I've been using the Directory services while DA is out of commission. The Finance section I find useful mainly because I have it auto-update twice a day.

I didn't pay much attention to it when I first got the 700p, but since then I've gradually used it more and more. Pretty useful for something free.
    It doesn't have tennis scores, or am I missing something?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast