Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    My car has a plug in for mp3 players. Is there a cable that will allow me to connect my Treo 700P?
    All will believe in Him! The question is when!
    a 3.5mm aux in plug? I have a 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable that I use... not sure where you can find one at, because the one I have came with my bt headphones... you might have to get a standard 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable instead, and add a 3.5 to 2.5 adapter on the side that plugs into the treo
    HTC Touch Pro
    All,

Long time lurker here. Just had to chime in with something really useful I've found. I have an Autocom intercom/radio system on my motorcycle, and they make cables with a 2.5 plug on one end and a 3.5 plug on the other end. So, no adapter needed. This is the only place I've ever found these.

Here's one example: http://www.autocomamerica.com/produc...roductid/25776
    How do you like the Autocom? I'm thinking about getting one too. Do you use BT for your audio/mic?
    I love it. I use a fully wired system with a Kenwood 2 way radio and my Treo. I'm not ready to take the leap to BT on the bike yet. I use my treo as my stereo and gps and it works great. But, I'm not trying to hijack the thread, just wanted to let everyone know about the cables (and I'm a 700 wx guy so I won't have much else to say that's useful).
    Thanks! I'll probably get one on the next bike show in the area.

I have the feeling the 700p will not be able to do GPS and play music at the same time without many skips on both apps though...
    30 September 2007
    I have a 2007 Chevrolet HHR which has an MP3 jack in the dash area near the radio.

I bought a cable and an adapter for use with my Sprint Palm Treo 755p and pTunes. The adapter connects to one end of he cable and the other end inserts into the Treo.

I enjoy listening to golden oldies off pTunes.

Seems like the battery heats if I try to charge the Treo while listening to music from pTunes/sky.fm. But the battery lasts a good while if not being charged and the touchscreen is off. If i charge as I listen, not only does the battery heat but the device eventually simply quits receiving and none of the buttons can make the screen activate.

I also use the adapter with some cheap headphones when I jog. Really neat listening to music while jogging, mowing, doing chores, etc.

Also, I have used the cable and adapter to record music from my Treo to a cheap digital voice recorder which will hold hours of music.
    I forgot. The cable and adapter were purchased at Radio Shack in a mall.