1.    #1  
    I need a good calculator program I can use in my Statistics class that will function somewhat like a TI-83. It doesn't have to be exactly the same, but I need the same functions to be available. I don't want to have to buy a TI-83 just for one class, but I also don't want to spend $40-50 on something like the powerOne programs. Anyone have any suggestions?

Oh-I will also eventually be taking macro & micro-economics and financial & managerial accounting, so should I just invest in a good program from the start? I don't even know what I'll need for those classes, but a graphing calculator just seems a bit much.
    If you've ever used a TI-93 (or TI-93plus), then you know that it is not excessive at all. I use one all the time, and they are considered almost required for most math classes in my school. I would reccomend getting one now, cause you will be happy in the end.

BEN
    Ben, it's 83

Try PowerOne Statistical. I've played around with it a little. Not to ruin anyones parade, but you really can't beat a Ti-83, with any Palm Software. sorry
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Originally posted by miradu2000
    ...Not to ruin anyones parade, but you really can't beat a Ti-83 with any Palm Software. sorry
    Maybe not, but you can get pretty close with the built in calculatory and Easy Calc. I have a Ti-85 that I had to get for my high school calc/trig/algebra II/etc. classes that I haven't used in college because of those two programs. You don't get a lot of the bells and whistles, but you get a lot of the functionality. And you can't beat the price.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.