Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    One of the reasons I bought a Treo is because one of my friends showed me how he could download a video on YouTube and watch it whenever he wanted to. I've been trying for awhile on my 755p and I can't get it to work at all.

I bought the new Kinoma, I got a 2GB SD card. When I go to www.mobetube.com (the site he used), and try to watch a video, it says Data Timeout -- The page download could not be completed, Please try again later.

I have the unlimited data plan w/ Sprint. I've set Kinoma to prefer downloading to streaming.

This is getting very frustrating--any advice?

Thank you in advance.
    piece of cake
    in your browser favorites you should have the website from mobile.palm.com.......
    click on their side.... scroll to the category Extras and click on Youtube
    You are ready set go to watch movies. If you want to customize the link just copy and create a new favorite.
  3.    #3  
    that site works but content is SUPER llimited. my friend was using mobetube to watch anything, all of youtubes selections.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgs View Post
    that site works but content is SUPER llimited. my friend was using mobetube to watch anything, all of youtubes selections.
    Yeah. This used to work well for me on the 700P, but for some reason it doesn't on the 755p, I get the same exact error.
    So this is weird. www.mobetube.com works for me on my 755. The 8 images at the top seem to have broken links (which they do when viewed from Firefox on my desktop too). But I searched for "miss south carolina" which was found. I had "download" and "stream" links. Download gave me an invalid URL but stream launched kinoma and the video played just fine...
    I can't do either on my phone get all kinds of errors it won't even let me stream it using kinoma 4.3.1.. weird

Plus youtubes mobile site is pathetic... video quality sucks and audio quality is worse.
    Last edited by syphex; 08/31/2007 at 12:49 AM.
    I can get to the videos on either You Tube or Break.com but I time out on You Tube and cant see the video on Break.com. Any advice, I'm sure its something simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkD View Post
    So this is weird. www.mobetube.com works for me on my 755. The 8 images at the top seem to have broken links (which they do when viewed from Firefox on my desktop too). But I searched for "miss south carolina" which was found. I had "download" and "stream" links. Download gave me an invalid URL but stream launched kinoma and the video played just fine...
    Using blazer www.mobetube.com also works fine on my T755p with Kinoma.
    This Kinoma must be the missing link in watching videos with this 755P? I get so far and then no video. After Kinoma is installed do you enter/watch videos through Kinoma or enter through Blazer?
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Here's my notes from Charles at Kinoma, on how to watch videos on Youtube. It works.

Please note, www.youtube.com cannot tell if you are using a PC or Mobile browser. Therefore, by default it will try to launch it's built-in Adobe Flash Player which is not compatible with mobile devices instead of launching Kinoma Player 4 EX.

To play YouTube FLV files in Kinoma Player 4 EX you can do one of the following:

1) copy and paste the link to a particular file into Open URL in Kinoma Player 4 EX

2) access YouTube from within the Kinoma Media Guide -> Internet Video -> YouTube

3) go to: m.youtube.com which will launch Kinoma Player 4 EX

4) You can perform some simple YouTube searches from within Kinoma Player, using the Open URL dialog and the YouTube RSS tag feature.

The general form of search URL is this:

http://www.youtube.com/rss/tag/<tag1+tag2...+tagn>.rss

So for example, from within Kinoma Player, if you want to open a list of
    all YouTube clips tagged with "san francisco", you would enter this URL in the
    Open URL dialog:

http://www.youtube.com/rss/tag/san+francisco.rss

There's also a way to browse videos by user. You can read more about
    these features on the YouTube RSS page:

http://youtube.com/rssls
    The 755p is my first Pda I have, but I do have to say that browsing the Internet or watching movies leaves very much desired too.
    I don't blame the phone at all, as most of the websites are not set up at all to deal with phone displays. One has to deal always with a work around.
    Further, you have to watch in which Reception Area you are, as the connection plays a big roll in it too.
    I find it's more like a toy to play around and not more. (concerning Internet browsing and watching movies)
    Thanks to PalmFive and the others that explained how to watch video clips. I will have to get Kinoma. Now all I have to do is to get my e-mail to where I can see pictures and not just the text.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    mobetube.com works fine for me also using Kinoma.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    I'm getting a "cannot be played...may be unsupported format, incompatible with this handheld or invalid file." when I use mobetube. I also have the upgraded kinoma. What streaming prefs are you guys using?
    Quote Originally Posted by bvd1147 View Post
    I'm getting a "cannot be played...may be unsupported format, incompatible with this handheld or invalid file." when I use mobetube. I also have the upgraded kinoma. What streaming prefs are you guys using?
    make sure you have the latest version of kinoma (4.3.1)
    HTC Touch Pro
    Yup, that did it. BUT...now mobetube isn't even loading...gets me to godaddy and a bunch of ads. Anyone else not able to get to mobetube?
    I just watched videos at http://m.youtube.com with out any other applications added to my 755P. Videos came across loud and clear. I went to break.com but cant watch anything there.
    When I go to mobetube I get all the godaddy stuff. As far as mobile youtube, the videos time out in a couple of seconds even though I have unlimited data. The only thing that has worked for me is pasting the url to a text and changing the .txt to .m3u or watching through orb.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    When I go to mobetube I get all the godaddy stuff. As far as mobile youtube, the videos time out in a couple of seconds even though I have unlimited data. The only thing that has worked for me is pasting the url to a text and changing the .txt to .m3u or watching through orb.
    ditto on the godaddy stuff, more users should try the orb route, its easier than using rss tags, and the vids stream smoother than mobetube...
    HTC Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    ditto on the godaddy stuff, more users should try the orb route, its easier than using rss tags, and the vids stream smoother than mobetube...
    I have tried orb, but that doesn't seem to work for me either. Everytime I click on a video, youtube for example, it goes to the dl/save screen. The file that it seems to want to save is the speed test file.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast