Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  

My battery life on my new 700p stinks. Just now - i loaded ONE page - maybe 200k, then it was time to head home. I"d charged the phone for 6 hours before we left, so hey, let's call it 99% (it never shows 100). Got in the car, drove 10 minutes home, went to disconnect the network - 87%.

Sent my Dad a picture from the Apple Store the other night, 86% t 61%.

Yup, it sucks.

Send me a new battery Asurion. Please.

We are sorry, we don't stock batteries for that phone - we need to send you another NEW Verizon 700p.

OK, the thing has no issues except i have to charge it twice a day if i use it.

Sigh...... here is hoping against all hope that the new one (that will be here tomorrow????) just works too. No stupid connection issues.

But hey, just i have to restore from my backup this time

So this will be the 3rd phone they have sent me since i started.
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
    LOL good luck. Leave Palm if u can.
    Matty
  3.    #3  
    Don't want to - i'm a Mac user - i doubt Verizon/Asurion will buy me Sync software. BB8830 isn't a viable option at this point for me (can't get the 3rd party software i need).

I like my Palm OS. But gosh darn it, send me a new battery. THis phone WORKS.

I should add - this won't be the 3rd 700p. I got a refurb 650 for the broken 650, but it only worked on speaker phone, so they sent me this 700p, and it's been "good". Had an issue talking to DH - but i replaced HIS phone and it seems fine now.

I know i can't expect to go the 3-4 DAYS i went between charges on the 650, but a day would be nice......
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    So keep the new battery and send back the new phone or instead of paying Asurion the $50 deductible, send Seidio $42.95 for their new 2600milliamp battery.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  5.    #5  
    I don't have to pay Asurion - they are handling the 12 month warranty on my phone. I paid for the first 650 replacement - but everything else falls under trying to get a working phone.

Asurion also transmits the info to Verizon to activate the new phone, I didn't even have to give them the ESN number the last one! So that won't work either.

It will be interesting to see how it goes - some other people have reported crappy battery life but no network problems.... how much do the 2 go hand in hand?

OH well.... i'll survive. But i won't pay $43 for a battery - mine should make it the day. I'll just keep calling them.
    You can buy one from TC for $25....and keep your other one as a spare....
  7.    #7  
    I'll keep that in mind, my "extra money" shopping list is long at the moment

But hey, i can drive an hour-ish west and go pick it up if i need to!
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Good pickup. I notice they have a different one for the 700 series; I thought there wasn't any difference? That's really really cheap.....
  10.    #10  
    Well, see, i'm opposed to buying a battery for a phone that is less than a month old, and was brand new when i got it! I am NOT a "power user" at all, not at all....

Notice that the shipping charges are about $5 per unit. Still a good price, but not as good as you might expect.
    I'm sorry, but I don't understand why getting a new phone will solve the battery life problem?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    I'm sorry, but I don't understand why getting a new phone will solve the battery life problem?
    The phone is new - about 4 weeks old. The battery life has been "sucky" from the get go. I've just been paying attention to it in "earnest" this past week. Dropping 15-20% in battery life sending 1 picture on EVDO isn't "right".

The phone was sent to me by Asurion to replace a defective 650. It was a brand new retail packaged Verizon 700p. I was told Asurion will handle any/all issues during the 12mo warranty period.

OK.

So I called to tell them the battery life stinks. Can you send me a new battery.

Nope. We don't stock batteries - we'd be happy to send you a new phone though.

Um. OK (NOT, i don't want a new one since it connects).

So i'm getting a new battery - with a new phone attached to it. It wasn't what I wanted - there feeling though is that there is something wrong with the PHONE causing the battery life to drain so rapidlly.

OK.

Now, there is a thread here at TC of recent complaints that when the 700p's quit having connection issues, the battery life is draining fast. My phone hasn't ever had issues connection (after the first time that is), but the life has sucked for the 4 weeks i've had it. Me, the soccer mom, that uses less than 100 minutes on her plan a month, has to charge her phone often 2x a day.

Since the phone is NEW, i'm reluctant to spend $25-50 on it to buy a 3rd party battery. What if there IS something wrong with the phone in this case? If i have exactly the same experience with the replacement, i will log that with Asurion, but wait to see how the whole "post-MR" thing plays out. I might then consider purchasing a 3rd party battery.

That said, I often went 4+ days before charging my 650. I have the same type of "use" with the new one - no extra surfing now that i have EVDO or nothing.

I'd like to make it a day with this one.

ANYWAY.

So why will a new phone fix a dying battery?

I have no flippin' clue. Unless there is something wrong with the phone.
    Let's hope the phone comes with a battery. When I got my refurb'd 700, I had to take the battery out of my old one.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I understand your frustration at battery life and wanting a replacement (although sending a new phone instead of a battery seems kinda weird). But why start a thread about it? I don't start threads if i need a battery replacement.

But keep us informed. We'll wait here anxiously wondering if you got that battery thing squared away..
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Let's hope the phone comes with a battery. When I got my refurb'd 700, I had to take the battery out of my old one.
    LOL, that would stink! Kinda would defeat the whole purpose

I got a new battery with the 650 I got (a refurb), the 700p was a new retail box phone.

This one is also supposedly new again - "At this time we'd like to offer you a new 700p to replace the one you are having battery issues with. We apologize that we were unable to solve your problem over the phone."

She also thought it would be here today instead of tuesday, so we shall see!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I understand your frustration at battery life and wanting a replacement (although sending a new phone instead of a battery seems kinda weird). But why start a thread about it? I don't start threads if i need a battery replacement.

But keep us informed. We'll wait here anxiously wondering if you got that battery thing squared away..
    ....erase everything i want to type.....

I have a 700p that works. With 1.10 on it. It's worked since i got it - and it came WITH 1.10 on it. Apparently a miracle around here.

I have read about a couple of people that have working phones that have had the battery life sucked dry quickly. Maybe, just maybe the working network and the battery life issues are connected? Dunno....

BUT, excuse me for being ticked that i couldn't get JUST a battery to try instead of replacing the entire WORKING ON THE NETWORK phone.

I needed a spot to "vent". So now i can't - but everyone else here can???

AND, I also found it strange that i couldn't get just the battery. Which is what i asked for. Someone else might lke that info in the future....

Sorry i even brought it up.
    If you got a new battery with your 650. Why not try that battery in the 700? Its the same battery. Even if the 650 battery is older it wouldn't be that much worse then the 700p battery. Then you would know if it was a battery issue or not.
  19.    #19  
    I no longer have either of the 650's - they were sent to Asurion to avoid having to pay for them.

In hindsight, i should have kept the original battery and sent this one with that phone. But I had 3 phones here, and pushed the 10 days as long as i could. I didn't send the original 650 back until this 700 worked.

It will be pretty easy to see if it's a network problem with where i'm at, or the phone. The decrease you get when sending a picture is pretty marked!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I found like new batteries on ebay for dirt cheap. Yes they arent brand new but are guaranteed to hold a charge. I got 2 for 12 bucks shipped and the guy had 8 left. They are also OEM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast