Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Does anyone know how to install IBM Java without doing a hotsync???
    I did it once before but can't now.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    as far as I know it can't be done.
    The first way I did it was to sync it using hotsync. I then found that if I downloaded it to the card, I would then copy the files over to main memory and execute a soft reset. That worked on the 700p, the 650 though required a hot sync.

Ben
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Thats sucks....I need I did it before a few months back but I can't remember what I did besides alot of resets maybe I'll get lucky again.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    not saying you're wrong, but perhaps you are mistaken

The only way it could be done is if it came in a nutshell intaller .prc which it doesn't. It can be restored from a backup with Resco or NVbackup but it would take some patience to find all the files.
    I have done it with my 600 and 650. I install via Blazer against the SD card and just do them in order. Don't do file copy. I copy files to my SD card via the available Softicks Card Export. You can use any of the other card reader software or even a standard card reader on your PC. Just check for compatibility.

I install the J9JavaVMMidp20.prc first and add the extras PIMPrefs, fileconnect, pimop, WS-Security and Webservices. On the prompt type file:///<sd_folder_name>/<application>. For the Treo 600 use the Goto webpage prompt.

If you don't have a folder where you have placed these websphere apps, omit the folder name.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 08/30/2007 at 05:27 PM.