1.    #1  
    Didnt find this in a search, but on my new (insurance replacement) 755p, the touch screen does not seem to be as sensitive or calabrated properly on the lower left. I am having to hit it several times to get lower left buttons to activate (for example "new" in versamail). Not sure if its the pressure that is the issue or if its the clabration so that you have to hit it a little off from where you should. It seem that the respone is better if I tap the very top edge of buttons that are in the lower left.

Anybody else see this?
    It's odd that you mention this... I notice the same thing, except I've noticed on pretty much every Treo I've ever owned. Honestly I've always thought it's my thumb having a hard time hitting the lower area while holding the phone with the same hand..
    Have you tried passing a thin piece of plastic (like screen protector thin) between the screen and the case? Sometimes dust/dirt gets caught between then and causes problems with the screen.
    Just a guess.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I had a brand new one do this. As its in the same spot I suspect its a batch of faulty screens. Get it replaced.
    Sorry if this is too obvious, but have you tried calibrating the touchscreen? (Prefs > Touchscreen)

Is it only with your thumb, or does it not function properly with the Stylus?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk444 View Post
    Sorry if this is too obvious, but have you tried calibrating the touchscreen? (Prefs > Touchscreen)

Is it only with your thumb, or does it not function properly with the Stylus?
    1. Yes calibrated (note that there the calibration does not go to the lower left, just lower right and upper left)
    2. Brand new phone

It is most noticble with your thumb but even with stylus, you need to press (and press hard) at the very top of any button that is in the lower left of the screen
    I'd definitely take it in and ask for a replacement then.

Although, now that I think about it, when I first got my 755p I remember experiencing a similar problem with the lower left. A couple calibrations later it was perfectly fine. Could be some kind of manufacturing problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    1. Yes calibrated (note that there the calibration does not go to the lower left, just lower right and upper left)
    2. Brand new phone

It is most noticble with your thumb but even with stylus, you need to press (and press hard) at the very top of any button that is in the lower left of the screen
    I think the touch is actually dead in that spot. Pressing harder just mashes your thumb and reaches the outer point of the "button" that isn't dead.