Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Dropped my 755 and broke the screen . (YES I have a case, but was changing the battery...boo hoo...)

    Fortunatly, I did have the Sprint insurance. So, for a $50 "deductable" I have my new blue baby! Popped the card into the new treo and ran Backup Buddy restore and all my apps and contacts transfered over fine.

    In all, pleased with the Asurion insurance. Although had to do the very annoying "input your 10 digit phone number only to have to repeat it to the rep when she gets on" game, the rep was quick and efficient. No problems.

    Got my apparantly new/not-refurb phone with all the accessories and documents. You can pay an extra $15 on your Sprint bill for rush 2 day shipment which I did since I need the phone for work (and work paid for it anyway!) Since I told the rep when I called I dropped the phone, broke screen and lost battery stylus and battery cover, I now have a couple of spares You do have to send your old phone back in within 10 days and there is a prepaid envelope to do so, but having trouble finding the return authorization number to put on the envelope. Going to call them later to figure that one out

    The card inside the box gives a number to call to activate the new phone which, of course, you have to do on a different phone (the instructions don't say that though, so I wonder how many people try to use their new phone to activate the new phone) The number that is given, however is to a Nextel activation guy, so he had to transfer me to a Sprint activation person who had to look up the activation sequence for the 755 and that took a little while.

    In general the phone is working fine. Am having a few teething issues. Provisioning took a bit. Seems to have hung up on the automatic backup last night. I will watch it tonight to see if it happens again. It might be my imagination, but there seems to be a longer "white screen" lag going to the "2-Day" which I have mapped to the calendar button. I had a reset and I am not sure why. Lower left of the touch screen does not seem to be as sensitive or calabrated correctly or something. (No screen protector on yet). I will post a seperate thread on that.

    My experiance with Asurion was much better than with my previoius lockline replacements and I recomend it.
  2. #2  
    They will tell you not to worry about the RMA. I had the same thing happen and I called, she promised me it was not neccesary. I guess they look at the ESN to verify who owned the phone and then credit you for the return.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyatbt View Post
    They will tell you not to worry about the RMA. I had the same thing happen and I called, she promised me it was not neccesary. I guess they look at the ESN to verify who owned the phone and then credit you for the return.

    Thanks, I couldnt find the RMA number anywhere. Lockline was a pain about that, wouldn't take it back without the RMA.
  4. #4  
    there is a barcode on the shipping package that has all the info they need
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    there is a barcode on the shipping package that has all the info they need
    Yeah, that makes sense of course, but it sure wasnt that way with Lockline. They made a big deal about the RMA number, like they couldn't check the name on the package and numbers on the phone.
  6. #6  
    Hey when you got the replacement phone was it in the yellow sprint box or was it in a white box???

    If it was yellow then it was a new one in box, if not, then you got a refurb. Generally when you get a new phone it comes with a bunch of free accessories (i.e. the travel charger, headphones, etc)
  7. #7  
    Sprint provisioning is all ufcked up right now. Mine was fine, three friends that provisioned this week went thru hell. Finally after 65 minute hold, I had my CS agent call my friends and they are straighted out now.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by princealyy View Post
    Hey when you got the replacement phone was it in the yellow sprint box or was it in a white box???

    If it was yellow then it was a new one in box, if not, then you got a refurb. Generally when you get a new phone it comes with a bunch of free accessories (i.e. the travel charger, headphones, etc)
    It was yellow with all the goodies


    Actually, the insurance rep even said on the phone it would be a new 755, not a refurb. Not that you can trust CSRs but in this case it looks to have worked
    Last edited by midmofan; 09/04/2007 at 11:27 AM.
  9. #9  
    I just got my brand new 755p replacement in the mail today.

    Does Asurion want all of the accessories that came with the phone, or just the damaged phone itself? It doesn't seem like that little bubble bag can fit everything that came in the original packaging. I'm cautiously trying to avoid any fees/charges that Asurion might throw my way as a result.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmOD View Post
    I just got my brand new 755p replacement in the mail today.

    Does Asurion want all of the accessories that came with the phone, or just the damaged phone itself? It doesn't seem like that little bubble bag can fit everything that came in the original packaging. I'm cautiously trying to avoid any fees/charges that Asurion might throw my way as a result.
    Read their pamphlet instructions, but I've noticed that with ESRP programs and such that they don't seem to care about anything except the phone core. In fact, when I've dealt with it through the stores they've even offered to give me the spare stuff - my sense is that when they "refurb" the units they change out everything except the motherboard and LCDs anyhow.

    I'd still keep any parts handy for a couple months until you are sure they didn't expect them back. My hunch is that there's a dumpster behind the receiving place that is filled up with these pieces (seen it at other tech firms), because they don't want to risk a claim for sending out used cables, or take the time/labor to test them.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmOD View Post
    I just got my brand new 755p replacement in the mail today.

    Does Asurion want all of the accessories that came with the phone, or just the damaged phone itself? It doesn't seem like that little bubble bag can fit everything that came in the original packaging. I'm cautiously trying to avoid any fees/charges that Asurion might throw my way as a result.
    I just sent them the phone. not even the stylus, battery or battery cover and no issues at all

Posting Permissions