Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Bought a new Jabra JX10, I love it and it worked great the first few days then phone started reseting pretty much every time a call would come in. Just as it started to ring youd here the annoying treo reset sound. I thought maybe it was a 3rd part app so I uninstalled most of them and still had the issue. So at that point I deleted the Jabra from the blue tooth trusted devices and like magic everything was back to normal. So I though well lets pair the headset up again and see what happens. Sure enough the resets started up again. Anyone else seen this? Think its the phone or the headset? I would think phone since it resets long before I hit the answer button or do anything with the headset. Reset Dr shows it as a user initiated reset and using the ## code it says the log is empty. So no clue whats going on.
    You could still have some leftover from a 3rd party causing conflicts. The only real way to test this is to do a hard reset and then only setup the bluetooth. If you have no problems, add stuff one program at a time. Sometimes a fresh setup works wonders.

Backupman, or one of the other good backup programs will let you add back favorites and speed dials by restoring individual files.
    Probably not this but make sure your bluetooth device is fully charged. See if that makes any difference.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Yeah the headset is fully charged so don't think thats it. I just did a hard reset and will run it in a pristine state for a while to see what happens. I'll report back and let you guys know what I figure out. Thanks for the help.
    Yes. I have determined like the 700P that the bluetooth is the cause of many resets on this phone.
    I bought my 755P ran it for 2-3 weeks without bluetooth even turned on and never had a reset. I turned bluetooth on and started using various headsets I have and sure enough now I get a reset once in a while. Its not as bad as the 700P but is still a problem. If I shut bluetooth off then the phone is flawless.
    I noticed one thing they fixed though. If it resets due to bluetooth and you hit ##ERR# to see what caused the reset it will say "NO RESETS RECORDED IN THE LOG" On the 700P it would say "unknown application caused a reset on xx/xx/xxxx"
    So in other words they are not tracking bluetooth resets in the error log. Nice Fix
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Sigh. I'm afraid you are correct. I get the same thing from ##err#. I did a hard reset and loaded nothing but the bluetooth and setup my exchange active sync account to get my contacts back. Sure enough still getting resets. I got at least 3 last night. Prior to the bluetooth I've had it about 3 weeks and not a single reset. I thought originally it was resetting when calls come in but after doing alot of testing the resets seem to be random. Still pretty annoying as Im getting like 6 a day running bluetooth. Oh well at least I know its probably not my headset then. Maybe someday palm will finally fix this. The bluetooth on my 650 was rock solid had to re-pair the headset every now and then but it was fairly reliable. On the 700 it was pretty much useless nothing I had would stay paired up for more than a call or two. On the 755 now its annoying resets. Oh well if I figure anything out I will post back. Thanks for the input.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnauman View Post
    I noticed one thing they fixed though. If it resets due to bluetooth and you hit ##ERR# to see what caused the reset it will say "NO RESETS RECORDED IN THE LOG" On the 700P it would say "unknown application caused a reset on xx/xx/xxxx"
    So in other words they are not tracking bluetooth resets in the error log. Nice Fix
    Ok, I'll bite. What the heck is ##ERR#? Where do you enter it? I just did a search of the forums, but #'s are not recognized properly by the search function, so all I got was this thread and a bunch of threads where people used it as a spoken pause replacement "err...well....err....I don't know".

I just had a reset that I think was caused by BT, but it was because I was messing with the BT device at the time trying to re-pair it. I keep having the device go in and out of pairing randomly while I am not on a call. Once a call comes in it's fine, but about a minute after the call is over, the device loses pairing. The Palm still things it's paired, at least the headset icon is still up there. If a call comes in while it's in this state, the device will re-pair, usually just in time before it goes to voicemail. Plus, if I make a call while it's in this state, the device will re-pair, usually just about as the person answers. I say usually because neither is guaranteed. I would much rather the device just work and stay paired.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Enter the ##ERR# (##377#) from the dialpad and it will tell you what caused the last reset. If it was bluetooth likely it will say the log is empty or it will show the one prior to that. Yeah that pesky bluetooth is a pain.
    But other BT headsets did not. I may have had more than one headset installed when this happened. Make sure you only have one headset in your trusted devices...delete the others.
    I may be having the same issue with the JX10. I bought it a few days ago and everything seemed fine until yesterday. All of a sudden I am getting reset on connection. It does not happen all the time, but enough it's annoying. I was using a Platonics 330 before the JX10. I did not get reset with it, but wanted a little better quality. The JX10 does seem to have better quality, but I can't have resets.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Yeah Im pretty much convinced it is definitely the bluetooth. As long as I turn off bluetooth the phone its fine. Once I turn it back on its back to the random resets. Im starting to think something else is wrong with. Maybe I got a bad one. On several calls today it would start beeping like I had another call coming in. However the caller ID never popped up and it never gave me the option to pick up the other call. After the call ended I looked in my call log and no number registered there either. This happened for 2 or 3 calls this morning but I've made many since then and it is once again behaving.
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipse13 View Post
    Yeah Im pretty much convinced it is definitely the bluetooth. As long as I turn off bluetooth the phone its fine. Once I turn it back on its back to the random resets. Im starting to think something else is wrong with. Maybe I got a bad one. On several calls today it would start beeping like I had another call coming in. However the caller ID never popped up and it never gave me the option to pick up the other call. After the call ended I looked in my call log and no number registered there either. This happened for 2 or 3 calls this morning but I've made many since then and it is once again behaving.

I unpaired my JX10 and went back to my Plantronics 330. I have had one reset already with the phone just sitting on the table with the headset next to it. So, I guess it's not the JX10. It certainly seems to be BT.

Any chance you have TakePhone installed? I used to use TakePhone but have not used it with my 755 until recently. I don't recall having resets before TP, but I'm not positive since I wasn't using my BT headset as much until recently.
    Last edited by JohnH59; 09/03/2007 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Unpaired JX10 and still have resets
    I took TakePhone off the device and reset still occurred. I didn't think it was TakePhone, but I had to try. I guess BT is just crappy on this thing.

I certainly have to take back what I have said in other threads that I have not been experiencing resets. I have not added anything new except TakePhone in the last 3 months. I know it's not TakePhone since I took it off and the resets still happen. The only difference is that I decided to use my BT headset more when I bought the JX10. I guess I hadn't used BT enough to notice the resets. Plus, I kept BT off quite a lot to save on battery life.

Today, I had two different calls get interupted due to a reset while using BT. If others that use BT quite a bit are not having reset issues, there has to be a third party app not playing well with others.

BTW, ##377# does not give me the right info. It says my last reset was Aug. 2nd. I guess I am imagining these resets.
    Last edited by JohnH59; 09/03/2007 at 10:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    BTW, ##377# does not give me the right info. It says my last reset was Aug. 2nd. I guess I am imagining these resets.
    Unfortunately, not every reset is logged - seen it happen many times myself with BT (although my root cause was something different).
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)