Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Sprint just sent me a free 755p to replace my now failing 650. --thankfully its demise came just at the end of the 1 year warranty!

I'm a believer in the clean install procedure, having successfully used it on a few Treo upgrades in the past. However, if memory serves me correctly, after upgrading to the 650 I had to manually recreate all of my Blazer Bookmarks and multiple Accounts in VersaMail.

Is there any way to migrate these over? I have many bookmarks and 6 email accounts which will take quite a while to recreate.

Cheers, Randy
    I believe I have always had to recreate these w/ the clean install process.Has anyone had a different experience?You may be able to copy your bookmark file from the 650 to the 755. The Versa Mail accounts are another matter. Unless Palm's new migration procedures provided with the 755 do this for you -- I would stick with the recreate on the VersaMail accounts. 'Fresh is Best'Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 08/30/2007 at 09:35 AM.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Hi Perry,

What new migration procedures? I guess a clean install would not provide this new functionality?? I think I may call Palm, since I read where they now offer free phone support for the first 90 days.

Otherwise... here's an idea I just thought of: long ago, I tried out a remote control type app for my 600 which let me control my Treo from my Windoze desktop. I wonder if I could use that to copy/paste all those URLs to my PC, then remote over to the new 755p and *paste* those blasted URLs. I *hate* typing all that cryptic stuff, which has to be 100% accurate.

Cheers, Randy
    Hi Randy,

I think Palm has updated their CD install instructions and procedures that come with the 755 to weed out the bad stuff and maybe carry over the bookmarks for upgraders?

Not sure -- I just always do the clean install.

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Perry,

Well I called Palm this morning and they walked me through the migration... synch 650, install SW from 755p's CD, synch 755. Contacts showed up but no bookmarks. Sync 650, sync 755p. Now bookmarks, Versamail accounts, Favorites buttons all migrated over. Everything seemed just peachy all day.

Now this evening, I happened to stumble upon this problem: Option -> Phone Preferences -> reboots phone! So it looks like something migrated over that the 755p doesn't like. Only thing that comes to mind is on my 650, I had loaded some other "thing" that gave me call duration in the Call Log... I really didn't have many 3rd party apps/utilities on my 650.

Question- over the years I've seen many happy campers with backup to SD card utilites... would those give me more control on restoring certain things, like bookmarks, etc? My plan would be to do a system reset on the 755p and restore only bookmarks, versamail accounts and Favorites file by file. Problem is, I'm not exactly sure which files to restore??

-Randy