Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Brjlk's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
       #1  
    I am looking for a voice dialing app.
    Considerations: feature set, ease of use, precision and ability to voice dial to a lot of contacts.
    What do you recommend ?

    Initiate, besides being a launcher also has voice dialing. How does it compare with dedicated voice dialing apps?

    Also, when do you find voice dialing most useful? While driving I suppose.

    John
    Leonardo, Listpro, Agendus12, Phone Magic, Adarian Money, Ultrasoft Money, Lightwave 2.4

    SMS Scheduler, FunSMS, SMS Counter, PictureSMS 1.01B2, Butler, Phone Technician

    Resco Backup, Resco Photo Viewer, Mobilewrite, Text Plus, Card Reader,SlovoEd Dict.

    Project @ Hand
  2. #2  
    I've tried EVERY voice-dial app I could get my hands on, and have been disappointed with all of them.
    - Inconsitent accuracy in voice recognition
    - Problems with abient low-level noise (Driving)
    - Slow
    -BIG RAM footprint

    Let me know if you find a reliable product
  3. #3  
    I use this one, but mostly while driving. One time $20, and it's pretty good. You can try it before buying.

    http://software.palm.com/us/html/dis...id=prod1971287
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  4. #4  
    I also use VoiceDial. (see link one comment above) It works very nicely while driving and has very little trouble understanding my commands.
  5. Brjlk's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    I also use VoiceDial. (see link one comment above) It works very nicely while driving and has very little trouble understanding my commands.
    I am actually trying VoiceDialit.
    I will test VoiceDial next.
    Thanks for your recommendations.

    John
    Leonardo, Listpro, Agendus12, Phone Magic, Adarian Money, Ultrasoft Money, Lightwave 2.4

    SMS Scheduler, FunSMS, SMS Counter, PictureSMS 1.01B2, Butler, Phone Technician

    Resco Backup, Resco Photo Viewer, Mobilewrite, Text Plus, Card Reader,SlovoEd Dict.

    Project @ Hand
  6. #6  
    I like the one from Initiate...it requires voice recording and practice but it is overall very accurate (noise and accuracy tweaks are available) and it comes with a great launcher already so that is a plus.
  7. Brjlk's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    I use this one, but mostly while driving. One time $20, and it's pretty good. You can try it before buying.

    http://software.palm.com/us/html/dis...id=prod1971287
    I am trying it. Does it work with anglo saxon names only?
    I have a lot of asian names.

    John
    Leonardo, Listpro, Agendus12, Phone Magic, Adarian Money, Ultrasoft Money, Lightwave 2.4

    SMS Scheduler, FunSMS, SMS Counter, PictureSMS 1.01B2, Butler, Phone Technician

    Resco Backup, Resco Photo Viewer, Mobilewrite, Text Plus, Card Reader,SlovoEd Dict.

    Project @ Hand
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brjlk View Post
    I am trying it. Does it work with anglo saxon names only?
    I have a lot of asian names. John
    I haven't the foggiest.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  9. Brjlk's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzo View Post
    I've tried EVERY voice-dial app I could get my hands on, and have been disappointed with all of them.
    - Inconsitent accuracy in voice recognition
    - Problems with abient low-level noise (Driving)
    - Slow
    -BIG RAM footprint

    Let me know if you find a reliable product
    I am having some good results with VoiceDialIt v2.0
    http://www.mobihand.com/treocentral/product.asp?id=7570

    To get consistent results, some training is needed to speak the name consistently. VoiceDialIt allows you to train with a given contact.
    You will notice how differently you speak a name in a normal conversation and when you are taking a sample of your voice with the Treo.

    To avoid noise during driving, close all windows, turn off radio and don't press too hard on accelerator.

    John
    Leonardo, Listpro, Agendus12, Phone Magic, Adarian Money, Ultrasoft Money, Lightwave 2.4

    SMS Scheduler, FunSMS, SMS Counter, PictureSMS 1.01B2, Butler, Phone Technician

    Resco Backup, Resco Photo Viewer, Mobilewrite, Text Plus, Card Reader,SlovoEd Dict.

    Project @ Hand
  10. #10  
    What about Initiate Pro? It gives you a launcher and voice dial capabilities.
  11. Brjlk's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    What about Initiate Pro? It gives you a launcher and voice dial capabilities.
    It has a limitation of 15 contacts for voice dialing. I have much more.

    John
    Leonardo, Listpro, Agendus12, Phone Magic, Adarian Money, Ultrasoft Money, Lightwave 2.4

    SMS Scheduler, FunSMS, SMS Counter, PictureSMS 1.01B2, Butler, Phone Technician

    Resco Backup, Resco Photo Viewer, Mobilewrite, Text Plus, Card Reader,SlovoEd Dict.

    Project @ Hand
  12. #12  
    Originally posted by Brjlk:
    It has a limitation of 15 contacts for voice dialing. I have much more.
    Ok. I have voicedial and it works, but I find that w/o the Treo allowing speed dial (via bluetooth), I don't use it. I'm more likely to press the speed dial key. A2DP (SAG) allows speed dial through bluetooth, but you have to have a stereo headset, which you can't use in your car.
    Last edited by bdhu2001; 09/03/2007 at 02:51 PM.

Posting Permissions