1.    #1  
    I think I am going nuts. I am trying to set up my wifes new 755 and I cannot find the LED. The manual says there is one but its not on this 755???
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Joe View Post
    I think I am going nuts. I am trying to set up my wifes new 755 and I cannot find the LED. The manual says there is one but its not on this 755???
    Plug it in like you're charging it and you'll see the light come on. It's above the 'l' in Palm. I love that it doesn't come on anymore unless I use it for Call Record or when I'm charging it. I hated that light always blinking.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  3.    #3  
    Oh. So the sucker is hidden. I think I am too used to my trusty 650 When I didn't see the "slot" for the LED, I thought I had a dud.
    haha I had that same question when I first got mine until I missed my first call and saw that it was hidden
    I LOVE this one cosmetic feature of the 755p over the 650, it gives the phone a cleaner (dare I say almost zen like - appley look?)

I used butler to control the LED and I do have it flash at night, makes it easier to find in the dark! But I also have it set to turn OFF when it is charging. That is save me many times when going to sleep and noticing the flashing and knowing "OOPS! Forgot to plug it in to charge over night!"
    When I first switched from my 650 to the 755p I immediately noticed that there was no LED visible, and that there was no "in service" flashing. However, after a few hours I started thinking I was seeing phantom "flashes" from where I expected the LED to be from my 650. I spent about 10 minutes staring at the phone intently to make sure I wasn't going nuts. Finally, I plugged it in and went "oh" and felt like a complete *****.
    The LED is right next to the Pez dispenser. There is a lot to getting used to on this thing.
    My first Palm was an M100 and my next Palm was a 755p so when I got an email in, I opened it up and didn't realize the LED was there (had just picked up phone) and all of a sudden the light went away and I went nuts wondering wtf I saw because I couldn't see anything. Of course I did read the manual later on lol
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products