1.    #1  
    I know the 650 does not support the BT PAN protocol. Is there any 3rd party software that will enable me to go online with my Treo 650 and a Bluetooth Access Point? Has any one had success with this combination?
    Visor->650->Pre
    How about softick's ppp software? I have not tried it personally but it seems like it would apply for what you need.
    Yes. The belkin bluetooth network access point actually works with the 650. Oddly enough it works even though it's unsupported.

It's been a while since I used a PalmOS treo, but if memory serves you...
    Pair the 650 with the BT access point
    Go to prefs, and create a connection for bluetooth, and pick the Belkin that you paired.
    Then in prefs create a new network connection and pick the bluetooth connection you just created.

Click connect, and you're online. It's relatively slow....like 250kbps max or so and the range of that Belkin, isn't anything close to advertised. I get about 30 feet or so, not 100 as I believe they advertise. But when I was at home I'd connect to it instead of EDGE.

It's not bluetooth PAN as my WM6 Treo 750 won't connect to the belkin nor will a laptop identify it as bluetooth PAN. But windows will see it as a bluetooth network access point and use it (just like wifi.)

So the belkin isn't terribly fast, the range kind of sucks, and it does sometimes hang if you don't disconnect before traveling out of range (you have to power cycle it.) But otherwise it was pretty reliable. I could connect the Treo to the Belkin when I got home and the next morning it would still be connected until I disconnected it.
    Also they have a bug that they never fixed as far as I know where the AP actually doesn't work to get a DHCP license. I could only ever get to work by setting it up via static IP.

But it works, and for that I got a good 2 years of use out of it.
    This is the one I have:
    http://www.mobiletechreview.com/tips/belkin_AP.htm
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  4.    #4  
    taylorh,
    Thanks for responding. I did find your name on some searches for this problem. I think the problem lies with Blazer since I was able to access the net via Avantgo's browser, which goes through their proxy server. I'm going to try Opera Mini next. If that doesn't work then I assume a proxy server is needed but I don't understand why. I like Opera Mini but it takes up so much space with Java, and when I use PowerRun it takes forever to load.
    Visor->650->Pre