Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Brand new 755p. Upgrading from 700p. Have a new PIN. Am able to download the OTA program no problem. Then I download all the Goodlink programs. However when I go to start Goodlink, it stalls. It says "starting up" under the Good logo but nothing ever happens. Just freezes there. I have done 2 full deletes and re-installs -- nothing. Ideas?
  2.    #2  
    So I am at wit's end. I did a complete hard reset and tried to install Goodlink fresh (with nothing else on the phone). Same result. I noticed two things. One, after every setup, it instantly returns me to the OTA setup like it wants to setup again. But if I try to this it tells me that Goodlink is already installed.

Second, the first time I run Goodlink (after setup) it says "Starting Up." Only way to get out of the freeze is reset. All subsequent times it usually doesn't even say "Starting Up." Same freeze.

Ideas? I am not using an SD card since I don't have a miniSD yet.
    The only thing i can think of.... is that the version that is being pushed out is too old... something of the 9.1x variant.

Which firmware do you have of the 755p? I am assuming sprint, right?
  4.    #4  
    755p Firmware? 1.04

Not sure how that would affect it. Yes, Sprint.

Goodlink told me to have IT remove me from the server, hard reset, then redo everything. I can't imagine how something on the server is causing problems on my device, but I hope to try once I get some help from our IT Goodlink person.
    Quote Originally Posted by masonuc View Post
    755p Firmware? 1.04

Not sure how that would affect it. Yes, Sprint.

Goodlink told me to have IT remove me from the server, hard reset, then redo everything. I can't imagine how something on the server is causing problems on my device, but I hope to try once I get some help from our IT Goodlink person.
    Sometimes your user cache on the Good server becomes corrupted. This often happens (atleast from what I've noticed) when switching equipment or repeated removal and reinstalls.

Have your IT delete your user cache folder, remove you from GMM, hard reset your Treo, and setup your account fresh. That should fix the problem.
    Treo Lineage: 600 -> 650p -> 700p -> 755p -> 700wx
    Currently Using: 700wx | 800w | Moto Q9c | Mogul

Exchange 2003 ActiveSync WM5.0: 2068 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.0: 50 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.1: 2 Users
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrinehart View Post
    Sometimes your user cache on the Good server becomes corrupted. This often happens (atleast from what I've noticed) when switching equipment or repeated removal and reinstalls.

Have your IT delete your user cache folder, remove you from GMM, hard reset your Treo, and setup your account fresh. That should fix the problem.

You may have a winner there. The reason I upgraded to the 755p in the first place was that I was getting a ton (i.e., every other day) of weird Goodlink crashes on my 700p and I had to reinstall everything fresh all the time. I have an email into my IT guy and hopefully that will solve the problem.
  7.    #7  

Well I had high hopes for this but it didn't work. Goodlink will still not start on my brand new 755p. I'm at a loss for what to do. Had a long conversation with the IT guy at my firm about the new Blackberry and I might be headed in that direction, after 10+ years as a Palm user. What else can I do? This is the first Treo I've had that Goodlink hasn't worked on. But am I supposed to just chuck the Treo and get a new one? I know this is a Goodlink problem not a Treo problem. Goodlink doesn't even offer phone support for me so that won't help.

Nothing will get it to work. I've had like 10 different Goodlink PINs now and he just erased me and my cache file. I did a hard reset. Used the new PIN. Same result.
    Kyocera 6035 > Treo 300 > Samsung i300 > Samsung i330 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p
    Well I had high hopes for this but it didn't work. Goodlink will still not start on my brand new 755p. I'm at a loss for what to do. Had a long conversation with the IT guy at my firm about the new Blackberry and I might be headed in that direction, after 10+ years as a Palm user. What else can I do? This is the first Treo I've had that Goodlink hasn't worked on. But am I supposed to just chuck the Treo and get a new one? I know this is a Goodlink problem not a Treo problem. Goodlink doesn't even offer phone support for me so that won't help.

Nothing will get it to work. I've had like 10 different Goodlink PINs now and he just erased me and my cache file. I did a hard reset. Used the new PIN. Same result.

Seems like a device issues to me.

Sprint has a Good Tech Support call center that provides phone support for Good mobile phones.

877 654 9111 option 4

9.    #9  
    Seems like a device issues to me.

Sprint has a Good Tech Support call center that provides phone support for Good mobile phones.

877 654 9111 option 4
    On hold with them but I am skeptical they will have any solutions. I would love to try to hard synch the Goodlink software onto my phone, but I don't think they offer that anymore -- only OTA. For some reason I think that could work since it appears to be a software/hardware problem.
    Kyocera 6035 > Treo 300 > Samsung i300 > Samsung i330 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p
  10.    #10  
    Sprint sent me to Goodlink. Which of course will just send me to email. Which is no help.

My only hope is that this thread is now the #1 (and #2) Google hit when you search "Goodlink 755p" so maybe that will spur them to help me. Because right now Goodlink has failed.
  11.    #11  
    Okay so I finally got Goodlink to let me talk to a rep and sure enough, he fixed the problem quickly. Basically our IT needed to push the newest Goodlink version because the one we were using wasn't compatible with the 755p. Goodlink has very good tech support people if you can use them.
    Okay so I finally got Goodlink to let me talk to a rep and sure enough, he fixed the problem quickly. Basically our IT needed to push the newest Goodlink version because the one we were using wasn't compatible with the 755p. Goodlink has very good tech support people if you can use them.
    Just curious, do you know what version you WERE using? Was it prior to 4.9.3.21?

Goodlink has very good tech support people if you can use them.
    Completely agree. If you are able to get to the Good Techs they are terrific. However, I no longer have them as an option and my IT folks are not capable. GoodGuy (as well as others in this forum) is the only way I have ever been able to get answers for the last couple of years and he is donating his time. I am guessing Good completely changed their support options and made them more costly--or perhaps my company is saving more money now with the service but it is too bad we can't talk to their techs anymore.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  14.    #14  
    Just curious, do you know what version you WERE using? Was it prior to 4.9.3.21?

My IT guy hadn't updated the server -- and I suspect that is a common problem (the Goodlink rep knew the problem immediately). It is not that he's not capable -- it's just that we are primarily a BB company (1000 or so users) and they don't spend much time on Goodlink. If users request Goodlink, they have it. And we even have a service contract that is basically unused. But he is not going to update the server every week when Goodlink issues new software. It really should be end user that does that. It used to be (when Goodlink first came out). I am sure there are good reasons that Goodlink does it the way they do it. Probably the same reason they only talk to the IT guy -- they want one point of contact to reduce tech support costs. But it creates problems, as several of us have seen.
    Does he update the BB server with every release? We don't release server updates every week, as evidenced by the hammer I catch here regarding timely releases. I don't understand your comment about how the end-user should be responsible for software updates.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    Does he update the BB server with every release? We don't release server updates every week, as evidenced by the hammer I catch here regarding timely releases. I don't understand your comment about how the end-user should be responsible for software updates.
    I assume he does. I have no idea how often Goodlink updates, all I know is there were a lot of versions between the one I had (February-ish 2007) and the current one. Which works fine if your IT admin releases them.

My comment about end users referred to the "old" days of Goodlink. Back in 2004, I used Goodlink and regularly updated my device manually (before the OTA updates). Of course the changes were minimal and the only device then was the Treo 600. Sadly the changes have been minimal for 3.5 years. But that's a whole different point.

My IT guy hadn't updated the server -- and I suspect that is a common problem (the Goodlink rep knew the problem immediately). It is not that he's not capable -- it's just that we are primarily a BB company (1000 or so users) and they don't spend much time on Goodlink. If users request Goodlink, they have it. And we even have a service contract that is basically unused. But he is not going to update the server every week when Goodlink issues new software. It really should be end user that does that. It used to be (when Goodlink first came out). I am sure there are good reasons that Goodlink does it the way they do it. Probably the same reason they only talk to the IT guy -- they want one point of contact to reduce tech support costs. But it creates problems, as several of us have seen.
    My experience has been that Good requires a server update every.... 5 rev's or so. Sometimes they won't make the latest build available until the server is updated. Maybe it would be better (or easier) if they did let the end user upgrade versions, but from an IT perspective, that is a very very bad idea.

now as far as making only having one point of contact... i'd doubt it would be a great idea to have the end users contact GOOD directly. In particular, since a good amount of the troubleshooting would involve the server at the customer's site.... which is usually out of the end user and Good's control.

Granted Good has some shortfalls. (major issues by some)... But overall, when I made the comparison in 2005, it was better than the others out there ( wireless sync by nokia, seven, visto, Ianywhere, MS EAS, etc).... we would have gone BB, if it weren't for the fact that more devices run GMM... particularly the treo's.

We shall see how this fall plays out. WM6 will be introduced in a major fashion, GMM 5.0 will be out (my own experiences are mixed, but mostly positive)... and hopefully PALM will have something interesting to show the world.
    Bought a Treo 755p about 3 months ago. My IT group sent me a new PIN and I was up and running Goodlink 4.9.3.? in 10-20 minutes. Life was good.

Then about a week ago, Good calendar stops syncing. Good email syncs just fine. So IT help desk tells me hard reset and re-install Goodlink - "that fixes everything". I download the OTAsetup; run it, put in my email address and PIN and get the screen showing status and after about 30 - 60 seconds I get network error 0x80020006 - contact IT Admin - Retry or Quit.

So IT help desk tells me to factory hard reset. They remove me from GOOD, flush the cache and add me again. I get a new PIN and try again. Same error as above.

I never get past Status of Authentation.

From prior post, Good stated needed latest version. What is the version that supports Treo 755p. Although you'd think if it installed once before it would install again. Never hurts to double check the version.

Does anyone have any other ideas? I can't find anything on the error code.

Help, my IT dept is threatening to switch me to Blackberry.
    Palm Pre and a nice collection of Treos: 755p, 700, 650, 600, 300 and Palm Pilots, Visors, and Sony Clie
    The earliest version that was supported for the Sprint 755p is 4.9.3.34
    5.0 also is supported for 755p.

The sad thing is, i don't think there is a way to tell from the client side, which version you are installing...

I think after the OTA install, before you enter your pin, there should be somewhere, where you can hit info. it may tell you the version.
    I have the same identical issue as masonuc and I tried updating the server and it still doesn't work. Any ideas guys?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast