Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Is there a back up program (prefer free of course) that will back up to the SD card without erasing the card. I used one on my T650 once and it eraced my card and the only thing on the card was the backup. I have a 2GB card with plenty of space that is unused and I do not want to have to carry a second card with me.
    I currently use RescoBackup. I have also used BackupMan. Neither program wiped my SD card. The backups coexisted peacefully with my existing data.
    NVBackup - Free and works like a charm.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Another NVBackup user here.
    I use Inner Backup - Also free.
    NVBackup. It backs up my 680 every morning at 2am, and I have tested the restore many many times. It restores perfectly, every time.

For example, my wife and I sometimes trade 680's for a few days (she has Arctic, I have Crimson). I simply swap our SIM and SD cards, hard reset both devices, and run NVBAckup from each SD card to do a full restore. Within minutes, her Arctic is "my" phone.

There is exactly one app that does not restore completely on my 680: TreoMemo. I don't know where they store their registration code, but after doing a full restore I have to manually input the 5-digit code every time. All other registrations, settings, preferences, etc., for all other apps restore just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by brad_h View Post

There is exactly one app that does not restore completely on my 680: TreoMemo. I don't know where they store their registration code, but after doing a full restore I have to manually input the 5-digit code every time. All other registrations, settings, preferences, etc., for all other apps restore just fine.
    That's interesting. I have TreoMemo and it restores just fine for me. I do have a 755. That could be the difference for some odd reason.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    I have a 680 and TreoMemo always restores perfectly for me. I use RescoBackup.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Another satisfied NVBackup user here. Also doing the autobackup every morning at 2AM thing to SD card. I have restored a number of times.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I've been using BackupMan for years, has saved me several times. www.bitsnbolts.com
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si
    NVBackup. Superb as reported and amazingly free.
    Patrick Horne
    NV Backup is the way to go. I have never had a issue restoring from a hard reset.
    does anyone have problems restoring treo voicedialing from a backup? I keep a copy of the install file on my card to reinstall after a restore.
    I've read somewhere about VoiceDialing not restoring from backup ...
    what I care from Backing Up My Treo is

1- Contacts, Notes Memos, Calnder, Tasks
    2- SMSs and other phone Stuff
    3- All Softwares especaiily Medical Skyscapae

so does NVBackup save my *** when something goes wrong? (Hard Reset) then restong the backup lolz

TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by brad_h View Post
    NVBackup. It backs up my 680 every morning at 2am, and I have tested the restore many many times. It restores perfectly, every time.

For example, my wife and I sometimes trade 680's for a few days (she has Arctic, I have Crimson). I simply swap our SIM and SD cards, hard reset both devices, and run NVBAckup from each SD card to do a full restore. Within minutes, her Arctic is "my" phone.

thanx alot for the NVBackup recommendation
    ATM, I'm doing backup with the latest version 1.21