Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Does anyone have this on their 755p? Does it work?
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I tried it... it didn't work very well for me. A couple websites I went to would always lock it up. Guess it'll depend on what you did with it.
    Yeah, sucks....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Well since I already am at odds with the Kimona fanboys on this site I suppose I may as well chip in here and say that Opera Mini 4 Beta has been great on my 755p. I had an issue with it connecting to the network on first install, reset the phone and now it works like a champ. My surfing on it is primarily limited to message boards, gmail, google reader, and a few news sites. I freaking love the zoom feature, as well as the "mouse". The only lockup I've seen coincided with an exchange sync, and that will often lockup any browser on my phone (requesting a page at the same time, coincidentally as a sync).

Big thumbs up from me on the improvements, and no stability issue.

*now if I could only force it to stream to ptunes instead of kimona-no-background-play* I would be in heaven...
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by senjiro View Post
    Well since I already am at odds with the Kimona fanboys on this site I suppose I may as well chip in here and say that Opera Mini 4 Beta has been great on my 755p. I had an issue with it connecting to the network on first install, reset the phone and now it works like a champ. My surfing on it is primarily limited to message boards, gmail, google reader, and a few news sites. I freaking love the zoom feature, as well as the "mouse". The only lockup I've seen coincided with an exchange sync, and that will often lockup any browser on my phone (requesting a page at the same time, coincidentally as a sync).

Big thumbs up from me on the improvements, and no stability issue.

*now if I could only force it to stream to ptunes instead of kimona-no-background-play* I would be in heaven...
    How did you download (and where can you find) the Java stuff?
    I installed Java on my 755p for the sole purpose of running Opera (works great, love it!)

Are there any other good apps for the 755 that require Java?

Is it true that there is a way to run Sprint Family Locator if you have Java Installed?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzo View Post
    I installed Java on my 755p for the sole purpose of running Opera (works great, love it!)

Are there any other good apps for the 755 that require Java?

Is it true that there is a way to run Sprint Family Locator if you have Java Installed?

Thanks
    TV2Nite, HourlyXCast, Rotten Tomatoes reader and the gmail app require java; just do a search by these words
    There is a new version of beta 4 coming out Thursday (tomorrow).
    keep your expectations reasonable though, according to an Opera rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Opera Software Rep at the forums
    Palm OS is giving us headaches... The JVM doesn't work very well on those phones, and they freeze and reset all the time. The thing is that it's not really our fault. We try our best to work around it, but trust me, it's not easy, and sometimes even impossible. I'm sorry about that...
    http://my.opera.com/community/forums....dml?id=202381
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!