1. WDW
    So it seems that GMM has its own speed dial built into its contacts. However I can't seem to find any info about it in the GMM online help file. Where is this info hidden? Obviously you can speed dial 1-9 by pressing and holding that number on the keypad. But how do you speed dial numbers in slots 10-99?

version 4.9.3.21_en
    Treo 750 - ATT branded
    Version: TREO750-2.25-ATT
    WM6 Prof.
    I am guessing that slots 10-99 don't work on the 750 as it is a WM5/6 device. GMM is probably written to blanket both OS's. On a Palm OS you have many more speed dials available but for some reason (what I consider not a very thought out reason) the WM software, or at least the Palm version which is all I have experience with only gives you 10 speed dial locations. When I was using my 650 you had several pages--maybe 50 or more that you could scroll to but not in WM.

Of course if you are using a Palm OS version then my entire reply is worthless.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  3. WDW
    GoodGuy, anyone else? Will GMM 5.0 still break the Palm WM today screen features and disable speed dial functionality?
    Treo 750 - ATT branded
    WM6 Prof.
  4. WDW
    So I have read the pdf doc and the other release notes about GMM 5.0. It mentions the features of 5.0 but doesn't address the items that are still broken from 4.9 versions. I am specifically wondering if I will get back my Today screen features for my 750, namely my broken speed dial functionality. Of course I am assuming that GMM will support the WM 750.
    Treo 750 - ATT branded
    WM6 Prof.
    I have already asked a few questions regarding WM6 in this forum and GG is not attempting to answer those. his reply is 4.9 is not supported. I don't think he is comfortable speculating. I realize that 5.0 in theory should have nothing to do with 4.9 but it doesn't matter.

I am guessing you might get your speed dials back because one of the "features" of 5.0 is supposed to be that it uses your native contacts instead of creating "Good contacts", but unless a beta tester will respond to this post I think it will be a wait and see for yourself.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    So i did some testing today... 4.9.3.34 on 700w and 5.0.x.x on Mot Q (Wm5)

I see the issue about speed dialing on the 4.9.x... however I am not sure if that is a limitation of the device (as the treo could not have more than 9 numerical entries for as speed dial..) What i mean is, on the treo, you go to 1 - 9 and then you can use the alpha characters for speed dial (not quite 100... but i guess sufficient).

On the mot Q with 5.0, i was able to dial 11 and have it speed dial the GM contact.

It seems like all the "add speed dial" options does is create and entry on the host device.

Hope this helps.
  7. WDW
    Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    GoodGuy, anyone else? Will GMM 5.0 still break the Palm WM today screen features and disable speed dial functionality?
    I am still hoping to get a reply from GG or someone from Good. This is not a WM6 question as I am still on WM5. Will 5.0 still break my Today functions like lookup and palm speed dial? They currently don't work with GMM loaded and they are some of my most used features.
    Treo 750 - ATT branded
    WM6 Prof.
  8. WDW
    Looks like no one from Good is going to attempt to answer this question. Is there anyone out there running a 750 palm WM5 device and also running GMM 5.0? If so do Palm's press-and-hold speed dials now work? Does the lookup to native contacts from the Today screen also work?
    Treo 750 - ATT branded
    WM6 Prof.
    I don't know if the GMM dialer fixes this...

But Here is the excerpt from Palm regarding their speed dial buttons
    Page 50, 750 user guide.

Quick Keys can be letters or numbers,
    but you canít use both the letter and
    number on the same key. For example,
    the voicemail Quick Key is 1. The letter
    equivalent for that key is E, so you
    cannot assign E as a Quick Key to
    another speed-dial button.

I'm guessing because of this strange thing.. that it will only work for 1-9.

Lookups in the today screen for GOOD or native contacts still work (as they worked before. )
  10. WDW
    Thanks for the info Darth. I am still on 4.9 with WM5. Before loading GMM you could use any # or letter key on the keyboard for a speed dial (which was great, by the way). And yes you could only use the number OR the letter on the 1-9 keys. It was simple to program and use. You could either assign a speed dial from the Today screen or from inside Contacts. Once I loaded GMM all of those assignments were broken. When I would push and hold a previously programmed speed dial key a message would come up and say, "The number linked to this speed dial has been deleted. Press and hold the Action key to see other". After the GMM load it does allow you to go through all the motions of programming a Speed Dial through the native contacts. But when you try to use it you get the error mentioned above. Urgh. You CAN go into Good Contacts, pull up a contact, go to Menu>Add to Speed Dial, and assign them to slots 1 through 9. This seems to work. However you cannot assign a contact to 0 (zero) or any of the letter keys. Also strange is that there are 99 slots that say "Available" on Good's speed dial screen...but you can only really use 1-9

As for the contact lookup on the Today screen. I don't believe there is a way to have the Today lookup use native contacts. For me it only pulls up Good contacts. Remember I am on 4.9.3.21.
    Treo 750 - ATT branded
    WM6 Prof.
    Hm.., that lookup worked for me on 4.9.3.37 on 700w. Maybe i am mistaken

In 5.0, because of the one way syn, you should be able to use program your speed dial without the use of GMM contacts. Granted, you have to go to your native contacts and set that up, but it should work.
  12. WDW
    I will assume that since GoodGuy is answering other forums but not this one that GMM 5.0 was not tested on any Palm Windows Mobile 5 devices.
    Treo 750 - ATT branded
    WM6 Prof.
    I have it on a 700WX as well as 700P. I have been using the P pretty exclusively lately. I will check on the WX when I get home tonight and see if I can get an answer for you.
  14. WDW
    Awesome. Thanks
    Treo 750 - ATT branded
    WM6 Prof.
    I took my 700WX and clicked "Tap to Set" to create a speed dial. It went to the set up screen and clicked "Link to contact" It went to the native contacts which are now populated with my Good contacts (set by my admin). I chose a contact and then assigned a picture and assigned a quick key, in this case, the letter M. Back to the home screen, held the letter M and it dialed. Also, the picture assigned to that contact showed on the home screen as well.
  16. WDW
    This is great news. Can't wait to try it on my 750. Thanks for doing the leg work.
    Treo 750 - ATT branded
    WM6 Prof.
    WDW, I am back to using 4.9.3.21 on my 750 running WM6 and after a clean install the today screen allows me to search all of my Good contacts. They are not native contacts but it works the same way. Because they are not native contacts (don't reside in the actual contacts file) I am fairly certain the speed dials and quick keys won't work.

I am pretty sure that WM5 was the same.