1.    #1  
    Using my Sprint 700p in the car's AUX input with the Seidio 2.5-3.5mm adapter and a male-to-male wired connector and I get the whine associated with electrical interference (distiguished because it rises and falls with the RPM's). Its annoying, and I was wondering what I can do about it. I use this method to make calls (routes the output through the stereo and uses the Treo mic to pic up input) and to listen to music. Before my brand new Mazda CX-9, I used a Belkin FM transmitter with the same results.

Will a product like Seidio's Ground Loop Isolator eliminate this or is there some kinda of insulation needed for the wire that I need to install?
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    You might need different spark plug wires. Maybe check on the Mazda forums or high end car/audiophlie sites. I also do not have any idea on the Seidio product, but they will probably give you an answer
  3.    #3  
    Also, the problem doesnt exist when the engine isnt running, so I am certain that the electrical interference is coming from the engine (probably the alternator). And when I use the hands-free function, the caller does NOT hear the whine. A guy at the dealer suggested getting a different chord, but I cant get a different adapter so the interference could enter there. Any thoughts? SEIDIO, are you listening (reading)?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ktm97 View Post
    You might need different spark plug wires. Maybe check on the Mazda forums or high end car/audiophlie sites. I also do not have any idea on the Seidio product, but they will probably give you an answer
    New spark plug wires on a brand new vehicle...? Cant I just insulate them somehow?
  5.    #5  
    Searching in some Mazda Forums has resulted in almost a unanimous solution of a ground loop isolator. I will try to pick one up this weekend. Seidio's looks like it has the 2.5mm input and 3.5mm output. I dont know if future Treo's will adapt the 3.5mm stereo jack so I think I will just pick one up from RadioShack.