Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Has anyone here tried and/or had any luck streaming audio feeds from CSTV over Kinoma?

I'm pondering buying access (and a copy of Kinoma) so I can listen to KU football games that aren't on tv or I won't be at (most of 'em).

TIA.
    Quote Originally Posted by kuoirad View Post
    Has anyone here tried and/or had any luck streaming audio feeds from CSTV over Kinoma?

I'm pondering buying access (and a copy of Kinoma) so I can listen to KU football games that aren't on tv or I won't be at (most of 'em).
    If you can point me to the streams, I'll be glad to try them out for you.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Charles,

Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    If you can point me to the streams, I'll be glad to try them out for you.
    I unfortunately don't have one I can give you - it's a for-pay site I'm considering subscribing to for their audio feeds of my university's football games this fall, since they're not all on tv. I emailed in to Kinoma support (case 36160), who asked the same question.

I did point them at some provided system requirements and descriptions of what they're using, which didn't instill hope in them, but they got fixated on the bandwidth requirements for the video feeds, which I'd not be using, I'd be using the audio feeds they'll have available.

FWIW, what I"m looking at subscribing to (specifically) is this.

Cheers, and thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kuoirad View Post
    ...what I"m looking at subscribing to (specifically) is this.
    Well, it doesn't inspire confidence that the site doesn't work even on a PC if you're using Firefox. I tried it with IE, but there are no audio feeds that I can try.

The audio is WMA, but they don't specify a version. If it's WMA 9 and you can get the URLs it should work, but I can't make any promises without trying it myself.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Yeah, they used to "allow" Firefox, but don't now. They were completely "no Mac" last season, which *really* pissed me off.

Thanks for looking into it.