Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    just because your paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you! seriously though I've had my problems with the 700p mainly my sd card disappearing, but since I chunked versamail it hasn't happened again(that sound is me knocking on wood) so I say give it a try just use snappermail for email
    My 700p works fine only on forced roaming.. although I have Bluetooth disconnects ALWAYS (Before and after Sprint MR)
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I have only had mine for about a week, but its loaded with applications already, and gets pretty heavy use. Lots of internet browsing, texts, few phone calls...and I havnt had one issue. This doesn't mean some wont pop up, but I didn't get the phone new so I figured if the guy before me was having any issues I would probably see the same things (which so far has been nothing).
    Quote Originally Posted by stephndudb View Post
    Anyway, my shiny new 700p should arrive from VZW any day now but I've been reading up (shoulda done that BEFORE buying!!!) and I see nothing but bad news about the 700p. Is there ANYONE out there using this thing without any problems???? I'm tempted to return this thing without even opening it. After all, at least my 7135 runs all day without locking up.

At first I was excited waiting for my new Smartphone. Now I'm dreading it. Is there any hope?
    Smartphones are much more complex than a simple cell phone. Yes, they do have their problems, but these problems usually aren't that bad. The people who post here usually post because they are having problems, so don't take the comments from this forum as the norm. There are a couple things about my 700P that annoy me, but I wouldn't trade it for anything else currently out there. Yes, I would love to have a 755P on verizon, but I'm still waiting... You really will come to love your Treo -- it is an amazing device. I've used WM devices, RIM, and Palm (Treo). The Treo is by far the best device going for what I do.

Expect the occasional reset. These are usually few and far between and last a min or less. Be VERY cautions about what you install on your device. Make the first app you install a good uninstaller -- I use Uninstaller at www.mobihand.com. I can't stress enough how important a good uninstaller is, especially if you are going to be installing, and/or playing around with, third party apps. I learned the hardway, so trust me on this.

Another really good app to install is right away is NVbackup (it's free). It allows you to make a backup of your volitile memory either manually or on an automated schedule. I've setup my NVbackup with a manual snapshot of my volitile memory with all of my apps installed (basically a virgin install) and run backups on a nightly schedule. The "virgin install backup" is a really important one as it allows me to roll my Treo back to a "Fresh State" with all of my preferred software installed.

Finally, once you get your device start asking questions in here. This is a very friendly community with many people happy to jump in and help. When you do post questions, provide as much detail as possible. This helps you to get a quick, and useful, response.

Continue to be excited about your new!!! You are about to get a really cool new toy!

TKOS
    Last edited by TheKingOfSting; 09/04/2007 at 12:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    be afraid, be very afraid!
    Noodle, you really need a new phone my friend. The 700P just isn't for you.

How about we startup a Noodle phone fund? Are you craving a Pearl, a Blackjack, or perhaps an Iphone?

I'll put up a 20. Who's next?

TKOS
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stephndudb View Post
    Hi, all. Newbie here. Started on a VisorPhone and now on a Kyocera 7135 for the last 4 years. Went to VZW the other day to get my son a cell phone and they talked me into a 700p. I love my 7135. It's been a great phone but it's starting to not be able to do some things I want. I have 2 or 3 critical Palm apps I want to keep, so I figured "why not?" After all, I knew the 700p has been out for over a year, so I figured the bugs must be worked out by now...

Anyway, my shiny new 700p should arrive from VZW any day now but I've been reading up (shoulda done that BEFORE buying!!!) and I see nothing but bad news about the 700p. Is there ANYONE out there using this thing without any problems???? I'm tempted to return this thing without even opening it. After all, at least my 7135 runs all day without locking up.

At first I was excited waiting for my new Smartphone. Now I'm dreading it. Is there any hope?

Dude, I've had the Treo 600, 650, and now the 700p. I love my Treo!! Does it have issues? Hell yeah! It crashes, locks up, randomly resets, sometimes won't sync well....etc. But, I truly believe that you will not find a better phone/pda combo unit in the world. You can do every thing from using it as a universal remote control, to watching full, high quality DVDs, to buying crap off ebay, to making production grade music. I will never use any smartphone for the rest of my life unless it's a Treo with the Palm Os. The people who hate their Treos, hate them. But the people who love their Treos, really LOVE them. I hope I helped with your decision. Welcome to TC.com!
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12