Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I have notice for about 2-3 weeks now that my T680 is sitting in the cradle charging over night and in the morning the green or red indicator light is not lit. I go to turn on my Treo and nothng happens it is as dead as can be. I take the battery out and it starts to reboot but never reboots the first time. I find that I have to remove the battery for about a minute and then put it back and it will continue the reboot. This has happend at least twice the past 2 weeks and at night until Saturday when it happend durring the middle of the afternoon. It was in my pocket (so not charging) and when I went to use it it was dead. The battery was fully charged all these times. The most recent things I have added was SlingPlayer and Palm's backup software.
    I'd exchange it, that's not normal.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    It also could be the charger though, and not the Treo. Are you using a Palm branded charger designed for the 680? I know there were some issues early on when people continued to use their old 650 chargers. It may not be related, but I thought I'd throw it out there. It definitely is not "normal" behavior.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    It is a Sedio Charger. It happend again ot this morning. It was dead when I whe to check for messages and phone calls. Took the Battery out for about a minute and nothing seemed to happen when I put it back in. As soon as I put it on the charger I got the orange Palm boot up screen. The strange this is I never got the status bar at the bottom and it never went to the the gray screne that says Palm Computing (I believe that is what it normally says). It went from the Palm circle to the Date & Time Pref. Heading on vacation and will be traveling internationally so I guess I can not do anything till I get back. Hopefully I will not loose and data while I am gone!
    Does it behave the same with the original charger? The Seidio information explains a lot . If you're using an SD card, just use a backup program to keep regular scheduled backups. That way, if anything goes wrong and you lose your data, you can easily restore it even if you're away from your PC
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    The Seidio charger is all I have ever used since I got my T680 in December so i doubt that is the problem. Besides it has happened once when it was not on the charger.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Back from vacation. Talked to my roommate today who said his phone (not a Treo) is not working because of a bad battery. Got me to thinking that maybe my issue could be battery related. I ordered a new battery tominght will update this post in a week or so when i know that this was a solution or not.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Got a new battery a week ago and not more problems!
    Quote Originally Posted by light3944 View Post
    I have notice for about 2-3 weeks now that my T680 is sitting in the cradle charging over night and in the morning the green or red indicator light is not lit. I go to turn on my Treo and nothng happens it is as dead as can be. I take the battery out and it starts to reboot but never reboots the first time. I find that I have to remove the battery for about a minute and then put it back and it will continue the reboot. This has happend at least twice the past 2 weeks and at night until Saturday when it happend durring the middle of the afternoon. It was in my pocket (so not charging) and when I went to use it it was dead. The battery was fully charged all these times. The most recent things I have added was SlingPlayer and Palm's backup software.
    My phone was being flaky so I rebooted it, and it went through the progress bar and then went black. I tried charging it. I tried taking out the battery for long periods. No dice

Any suggestions? New battery is 3 days away...