1.    #1  
    I called Verizon today about the MR 1.10 data errors to see if I could get a refund on my monthly unlimited data fee. They were willing, but suggested first that I try a replacement phone, saying that whether the new phone worked or not, they'd still give me the refund, but procedurally they wanted to send a new phone first.

I told them that I had NEVER heard of anyone having the data problem fixed by having their phone swapped. My rep insisted that he HAD seen the problem fixed by a replacement (but not always.) He was very nice about it and I figured "what have I got to lose?" so I agreed to the replacement.

Even if I get a refurb, (which he said was most likely), it will probably be in better condition than my present early 2006 model which has been dropped, knocked about and scratched up more times than I can remember. And I figured if nothing else I'd get the lower profile antenna stub out of the deal.

Anyway, overall I'd say Verizon's Customer Service was quite amiable about the whole issue, although they adamantly gave Palm 100% of the blame for the current mess. I can't say I disagree.
    It's not fixed for me, but it is better. Sorta. Not really. Whenever I get the 3000 error, I just reset the phone with the reset button. It works right away after a reset. Mine was a refurb, and there is nothing wrong with a refurb. It'll even come with a diagnostic printout of all the radio stuff.

I should give them a call back and get some refundage.

-Chris
    I had a refurbished replacement sent @ 12 days ago, V 1.10, and it DOES connect without error messages.Have not had one error 3000 message yet. It even connected and got my e-mails w/o problems sitting on the beach in Assateague,Maryland. Working fine here in NYC and burbs. Case was in perfect condition, HOWEVER, screen is definitely yellowish compared to my original (switch again or not???) and it DOES definitely eat up battery, have to recharge every day where before upgrade could go 2-3 days (Seidio 2400ma battery) w/o problems. Pain in the ***!
    C
    Quote Originally Posted by nica256 View Post
    I had a refurbished replacement sent @ 12 days ago, V 1.10, and it DOES connect without error messages.Have not had one error 3000 message yet. It even connected and got my e-mails w/o problems sitting on the beach in Assateague,Maryland. Working fine here in NYC and burbs. Case was in perfect condition, HOWEVER, screen is definitely yellowish compared to my original (switch again or not???) and it DOES definitely eat up battery, have to recharge every day where before upgrade could go 2-3 days (Seidio 2400ma battery) w/o problems. Pain in the ***!
    C
    Right now im SUPER pist at treo. I was going to write this huge long rant last nite but I figured why bother. Ive had very little error 3000s since doing this hoopla of stuff in a certain order from the senior VZW tech. I figure well its working good. So lemme start loading up my phone. Well in one instance I got error 3000s very consistently. Hard reset, restored. No problems. Installed versamail and CJKOS (Japanese font reader) and whammo... Infinite restart. I am extremely pissed that I cant add stuff to my phone. Makes me wonder why I use it in the 1st place </end mini-rant>. I believe you can have a troublefee phone IF you dont add anything really massive to it.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    been with palm since about 1997. got the 3000 error when I upgraded my 700p (Verizon.) They sent me a refurb with 1.10 on it, 3000 error out of the box. talked to support, they wanted to send me another 700p as they want to go through 3 devices before they let me change device. I escalate to a manager. Tell him I don't want to waste the week of them sending me two more devices that are broken out of the box. he agrees, adds notation to my account that I get a free 700wx. walk into verizon store an hour latter and get my NIB 700wx. Good news, I can now get my corporate email on my phone. bad news, it isnt' a palm os and i need to learn a whole new OS. I hate it i hate it i hate it!!
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    I received several referb 700p w/1.10 installed and none of them worked. Constant error 3000. I got a NEW 700p last week and it's been working flawlessly since. I even used backupbuddy to transfer exactly what was on the non working device and I've still had no problems.

Just as I was about to throw this out the window and dump Verizon someone fixed something...
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    Interestingly I had a number of devices that worked fine for awhile. I even questioned members about what was so bad. With time for some reason I had more and more errors, failure to connect to the mail servers, error 3000's, and resets. After 3 exchanges, I quit and after arguing back and forth with Verizon Data Reps, they let me do an even exchange and went to Blackberry 8830. Previously I had a Blackberry 7520 on the worst network imaginable (Nextel IDEN) and that phone worked flawlessly except of course when I was in bad coverage which was alot of places....and now I'm on a better network and much upgraded phone compared to the 7520. I really wish Palm did it right initially, I would like the ability to add as much 3rd party software that could fit but I refuse to pay $400 to be a company's guinea pig, as opposed to having a good stable working device like the Blackberry.
    I had a new replacment with 1.10 that worked for two weeks without errors. Unfortunately, it developed another problem and I got it replaced with a new 1.06 device which also works great.
    I spoke too soon. My working 15-month old (bought at launch) 700p's keyboard failed today. First, it was pressing the 5-way jog dial down and the 2, 5, and 8 keys and the spacebar. Tonight, it was the rest of the keyboard. Hard reset failed. Called VZW just now and they are overnighting a replacement 700p (asked if the 755p was available yet, they said no ). The rep couldn't say whether it would have the MR or not. Will find out Thursday when I get the device. If I get a MR-d phone with network problems, I'm planning to switch to AT&T and shell out for an iPhone, even with no working database solution yet.

Crap!
    Palm IIIx>Palm Vx>Palm m515>Tungsten T>Tungsten C>Verizon Treo 650
    ................................StarTAC 7868W>Motorola V710>Verizon Treo 650>Treo 700p>Apple iPhone 3G
    My replacement refurb 700P came with v1.10. It replaced a v1.6 that had Versamail Sync problems. No error 3000 yet, but I have gotten resets and failure to connect to network errors. I'm going to hold out till the 755P comes out in October and demand to get on of those.
    "and if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier..."
  11.    #11  
    Got my replacement phone today. Probably a refurb (is there any way to tell for sure?)

It works pretty good out of the box. No errors after a couple of hours of internet usage. I know not to expect this to last. I figure at least I got a nice looking phone out of the trade. No yellowish tinge as described in a message above and no shadowy fonts either. This one looks shiny and new. My old one was all dinged and scratched to hell. Hopefully the error free stage may last until Palm comes out with a new update.
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandStone View Post
    Got my replacement phone today. Probably a refurb (is there any way to tell for sure?)

It works pretty good out of the box. No errors after a couple of hours of internet usage. I know not to expect this to last. I figure at least I got a nice looking phone out of the trade. No yellowish tinge as described in a message above and no shadowy fonts either. This one looks shiny and new. My old one was all dinged and scratched to hell. Hopefully the error free stage may last until Palm comes out with a new update.

Try #*#RTN and scroll down. does yours have a white sticker on the back.. barcode w/ a date? My last two did. And as the usual it works now bit... Give it time..
    Greatest Treo Call Bug EVER!
    Got my replacement phone last night. It had 1.10 on it. So far, so good with the data, seems reasonably fast and no data errors. I may have the DTMF bug, but that's honestly not a big deal as people are used to hearing devices beep during meetings in hospitals. I have to use it a bit more to figure out exactly when this happens.

Haven't restored my software, will use fresh installs instead of backups, will do so this weekend. Wish me luck!
    Palm IIIx>Palm Vx>Palm m515>Tungsten T>Tungsten C>Verizon Treo 650
    ................................StarTAC 7868W>Motorola V710>Verizon Treo 650>Treo 700p>Apple iPhone 3G