Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The same thing happened to me last week...I couldn't get past the access screen. I wound up doing a hard reset and now everything is fine. I know you don't want to lose your data since it's not backed up on your PC, but I don't think you need a new phone...at least I didn't.

I had NVbackup on my phone and it must have gotten corrupted, because I couldn't get my data back from it. Thankfully I had hotsynced 2 weeks ago and only lost a few appointments that I had put in recently...nothing too bad. This time I am trying backupbuddy since NVbackup didn't help me at all. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Please post here when you get it back. I would be very interested on how long the turn around actually is. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaynardLD50 View Post
    UPDATE

So I called sprint and they informed me even though I bought the phone on 5/19/07 that I would have to go through insurance and be charged $50. I am out of work and currently looking for a job and I can't afford that at all right now and they told me basically they can't do **** for me. Ugh this sucks. Any clues anyone?
    MaynardLD50, do like I did and send it to Palm. It will take some time, but will only cost you a few bucks to ship a bare phone.... (Plus the phone call to Palm is a toll call!)

TreoJennifer, both MaynardLD50 and I had the same problem where the hard reset would not work. You're right that most of the time a hard reset will do the trick, but this time, we drew the short straws!

My wife has a 755p that works like a charm. Go figure...
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I just had the same thing happen to me. I started getting some strange out of memory warnings so did a soft reset and it just hung on the same place. Hard reset didn't work either. Went to Sprint store and they agreed it was bricked. They wanted to charge me $35 for a replacement. I argued that it was a Palm OS software issue and why should I pay more for a $400 phone that was 3 months old. He agreed and gave me a new one for nothing. Backup Buddy has once again saved the day.
    Wow, that is awesome news. I want to deal with your Sprint store! I have to check out this Backup Buddy too...!
    OK, my bricked phone arrived at Palm today according to FedEx. So, the race is on to see when I get it back. I will post when that happens!
    I received a call from Palm today. They still have my phone...
    The CSR said that my phone was physically damaged and not eligible for warranty repair and wanted to know, "if it was OK to charge me $199"!!! Of course I said NO. She said I will then get the phone back unrepaired...
    I asked to talk to her supervisor. Jean was the on-call supervisor.
    She said it was tampered with! I told her it must have happened in their care...
    She transferred me to Corporate Care when I spoke to Charlie. He told me there was noted screen damage! I am dying here!
    I was methodical and carefully packaged the phone in pristine shape.

So... they will NOT replace it. They are making me claim it through FedEx.
    I am NOT replacing this phone with a Palm. I love the device but now I am, however unreasonable, out of love with Palm... We will see, maybe I will cool down tonight, but for now, I am pretty upset with Palm. They are putting me off and making me deal with FedEx. *Poof* not their problem anymore. See, wasn't that easy? argh...

Lessons learned: 1) Take photos of phone as packaged and enclose a copy with the phone for Palm to show them it was in pristine shape when sent. 2) Palm will fabricate a reason to not repair the phone under warranty (apparently). 3) Get insurance on expensive phones to save yourself the this type of headache! 4) Don't get torqued out of shape over a stupid phone like I am! It is just a thing afterall... (expensive thing though!)
    Update:
    OK, after taking this up with Palm corporate two times, they agreed that the phone will be repaired/replaced by them. The first call went to a rep that did not care and just regurgitated the notes to me. I called back and got a rep that DID actually care and took time to ask questions and do research AND talk to a supervisor!
    I guess the confusion arose after I took the phone to a Sprint Service & Repair center, they tried working on the phone and removed some of the tamper tape. Not knowing this, I returned it to Palm for repair.
    Palm said they don't know where the information came from that the device had a broken screen, but apparently it does NOT.
    So, I got another call Friday the 5th saying the phone was fixed and on its way back to me. Needless to say, it is still not here... I called Palm and it looks like it has NOT shipped yet. Corporate is looking into the reason why and will call me back. This is a month long process!
    Quote Originally Posted by treojennifer View Post
    The same thing happened to me last week...I couldn't get past the access screen. I wound up doing a hard reset and now everything is fine. I know you don't want to lose your data since it's not backed up on your PC, but I don't think you need a new phone...at least I didn't.

I had NVbackup on my phone and it must have gotten corrupted, because I couldn't get my data back from it. Thankfully I had hotsynced 2 weeks ago and only lost a few appointments that I had put in recently...nothing too bad. This time I am trying backupbuddy since NVbackup didn't help me at all. Oh well.
    Did you try to restore from NVbackup AFTER you hotsynced??? I had a similar situation but once I hotsynced my phone with the same hotsync id, I was able to restore from my nvbackup. NVBackup encrypts your data for your security in case you lose your card and someone else finds it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12