1.    #1  
    I just got my Sprint 755p yesterday and activated it today. Its nice, not much different from my 700p, but i like it.

A very weird problem though. Before i activated the phone i tried calling 611 just for the hell of it. It looked like it was in a call, i saw the timer going and it said "active" although i heard nothing, the speaker phone option was also not available. I said, i must need to activate it first.

So i activated it today. Sprint said it takes 2-4 hours to provision. Although right when i hung up with them it i got a missed call but didn't answer.

About 3 1/2 hours later i go to check my voice mail, and i see the same thing, call active, with the timer going, but i do not hear anything! Also, no speaker phone option. I then tried to go watch spring TV and it worked, i saw the picture but no sound even when i turned up the volume all the way.

I then tried testing the phone, it received call perfect and made calls, but i could not hear a thing out of the ear piece.

So for fun i tried plugging in the included headset, and i heard voice in the middle of a call! when it said active. I then unplugged the earpiece and i now got the speaker phone option and i heard voice from the ear piece.

I tested the phone about 20 times making incoming and outgoing test calls. It now worked fine, and i was very happy.

About 3 hours later in the day, i said hmmmm, that was really weird why after the ear piece was taken out it worked. So my stupid curious self plugged the ear piece in the phone and heard a call threw it, and in the middle of the call i took it out, it hung up my call and now i could again no longer hear a voice threw the earpiece of the phone!!!!!!!!!! Problem is, i kept plugging it in and out, like 15 times, re started the phone a few times taking the battery out and still nothing. I tried it once again, plugging it in and unplugging it, and now i hear voice threw the normal ear peice again!

I am now scared to use the earphones because i feel if i plug it in, something will happen again. Which should not be. I am also scared if i am out one day and need my phone really bad it wont let me hear anything!

Does any one know what this can be? Is there something that needs to be turned off? or reset?

Thanks in advance, i know you guys are the experts here!
    Your phone has a bad headset jack, it thinks a headset is plugged in when its not. This is a very common problem on the 650 and 700 as well. Take it back and exchange it, hopefully you wont have that happen with the new one. I'm on my original 700 and mine still works and I use headphones allot. So there are good ones(kow).
    If you haven't done so, I recommend you add TEP so if this happens again you are covered. You have 30 days to exchange your phone and add the protection to your account so you should be ok if you just got it the other day.

Muff
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffnician View Post
    Your phone has a bad headset jack, it thinks a headset is plugged in when its not. This is a very common problem on the 650 and 700 as well. Take it back and exchange it, hopefully you wont have that happen with the new one. I'm on my original 700 and mine still works and I use headphones allot. So there are good ones(kow).
    If you haven't done so, I recommend you add TEP so if this happens again you are covered. You have 30 days to exchange your phone and add the protection to your account so you should be ok if you just got it the other day.

Muff

Thanks. Am i **** out of luck since i got it from a ebay store?
  4.    #4  
    Sprint replaced the phone today and all is now well. I also took out the protection plan.
    I had the same thing happen today, only mine happened due to some sort of wierd disconnect between the Bluetooth headset (a Plantronics Voyager 510) and the phone. It was almost like the phone thought the headset was connected, but the headset didn't think it was connected. Neither one was outputting sound, even though the phone was dialing and receiving calls just fine. I tried manually switching to the phone's speaker, but it didn't output sound there either. I had to reboot the phone to get things back together.

Anyone else have weird Bluetooth problems like this?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rtmoore4 View Post
    I had the same thing happen today, only mine happened due to some sort of wierd disconnect between the Bluetooth headset (a Plantronics Voyager 510) and the phone. It was almost like the phone thought the headset was connected, but the headset didn't think it was connected. Neither one was outputting sound, even though the phone was dialing and receiving calls just fine. I tried manually switching to the phone's speaker, but it didn't output sound there either. I had to reboot the phone to get things back together.

Anyone else have weird Bluetooth problems like this?
    I've had this happen to both a 700p and a 755p. Both needed to be replaced. When this happened to the 755p I lost all ability to hear through the earpiece on the phone. I was able to reset the earpiece (but not the speaker phone) buy pairing a bluetooth headset and then manually detaching the bluetooth. This held me over until I returned the phone. As this has happened 2x's to me I refuse to use a hard wired headset with my 755p. I bluetooth in the car and bluetooth on the road. I've also turned off the touch-screen functionality when on a call (access this option through Preferences > Keyguard). I was having trouble with my ear touching the bluetooth icon while I was on a call and all sorts of havoc being wreaked on the Treo. Things are more stable for me now.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    I experienced the same problem as Neal7 with my first 755 with several different wired headsets. I was able to show the Sprint tech the problem and they replaced it with a "new", reconditioned 755. However, after about two uses of the replacement with a headset, it began doing the same thing. I like using the headset to listen to podcasts as well as make calls. Do you folks recommend a third try, or is this so common that I should consider a different phone? Fortunately, I do have the extended service plan.
    If you google this problem you'll see threads all over the place (Brighthand; 1Src, etc.)

Bottom line is that the Treo headset jacks are terrible. They use shoddy soldering techniques, and an alarming percentage of the phones develop issues. I can't speak for the Centro's, but everything through 755p (which I have) are plagued with the problem.

The problem is that when the plug is removed from the jack, the jack gets 'stuck' and thinks that the plug is still inserted. Thus, you can't turn on the speaker, can't use the bluetooth headset, and can't hear anything from the phone --- if you don't plug a headset back in, you're just out of luck.

There are a handful of threads suggesting workarounds.

1. Don't use the jack ever (my solution).
    2. Use a program like VolumeCarePro which can disable the headset jack.
    3. Use a toothpick to 'jiggle the jack' and try to fix the problem;
    4. Hard reset (which usually clears the problem).

I don't consider a hard reset a 'workaround', and the last time it happened to me, I had to do TWO hard resets to get it back to normal.

Anyone want to buy a Palm Stereo Headset Pro?

Harold
    I received a new 755p from a Sprint store as a replacement of my ol' 700p. Just after a few hours of use, the speakerphone icon disappear. No sound at all. I do not use the earpiece. I don't even have any apps and no card inserted. I tried several hard resets in vain. This is a new 755p from a sprint repair center. I'm so disappointed but I'm not giving up. I'm going back to get another one, hopefully it'll never have this pb. The centro is great, but doesn't fit my lifestyle. I will keep trying 755p until i'm tired then I may convert to centro.
    Quote Originally Posted by hgoldner View Post

3. Use a toothpick to 'jiggle the jack' and try to fix the problem;

Harold
    Jiggle the jack---hmmmm.

BB