Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    help me out here, i'm new to this stuff but i'm trying to connect my Treo 650 to my laptop with pda net, i have it downloaded on my Treo so what do i do from there?
    i have the sync cable to hook it up to my usb port on my laptop but really dont know where to go from there?
    Thanks
    Rockey
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Windows or Mac?

Im going to take a wild guess and say AT&T or Sprint... you don't need any application to do DUN if your computer has bluetooth. The Palm OS supports DUN via bluetooth out of the box!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    i have windows XP and i am trying to use my Treo sync cable hooked up to my laptop, i'm going on a trip and want to use my laptop using my Treo as a modem, i have pda net downloaded on the Treo 650 but really dont know where to go from there?
    thanks
    Do you have it on your PC, too? You have to have the program on both for it to work. Then, you just hit "Connect" on the Treo while it's hooked up to the PC and it should connect. The program is a little unreliable, though...
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Thanks for letting me know that you had to have it on both the pc and the Treo, i wasnt sure about that. You said its a little unreliable, is there another program that you would recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Do you have it on your PC, too? You have to have the program on both for it to work. Then, you just hit "Connect" on the Treo while it's hooked up to the PC and it should connect. The program is a little unreliable, though...
    Sorry...as far as I know, PDANet is the only tethering program available. It's a good program, it can just be flakey at times.