Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    So i got chatter email linked to my yahoo email and i would like to know why it is not telling me i have new email? i set it up to check every minute and the only way i know i have email is when i open up chatter email then it logins and says i have email. what the heck. why wont it notifie me when the phone is in normal state.
    don't know the answer to your question but I thought I would point out that having it check every minutes is going to kill your battery.
    Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    its werid. it wont even tell me i have a email unless im in the program it self. i have a extended battery so
    First, Yahoo is not push.

Notifications: take a look in your Yahoo box definition and look under Deliver - make sure none of the boxes about Don't Notify are checked. In the first screen, "Define," make sure you have a tone selected.

Under ChatterEmail's general preferences - Notifications - look through the options.
    Using Chatter - I have "Tone" enabled.
    Using Other App. - I have Pop, Tone and LED enabled.
    Asleep - I have Pop, Tone and LED enabled.

I also have it set for a 25 second pop-up timeout.

Make sure you have a default tone selected.

I have Vibrate only if ringer switch off enabled.
    I have Use Attention Manager Alerts enabled.

I do not have the last three options enabled.

Ben
    Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    who supports imap idle? maybe i can transher my email service to them
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    ^ I've had good luck with Dreamhost (www.dreamhost.com). They have some really feature-rich hosting plans at a good price.

But if you're _just_ looking for email, you may want to checkout fastmail.fm or fusemail.com as they both support IMAP push.
    Fastmail works well, but is a bit on the expensive side compared to some when you start pushing a lot of mail. Their system's response time is excellent. About a year or so ago they had a big time crash that caused them a bunch of down days - not enough redundancy built in to their operation. They have rectified that.

I use Everyone.net and am very satisfied with it. Their system's response time is excellent.

Ben
    There's a big thread on IMAP-capable providers over on the Chatter support forums here.

FYI, AOL is free and has a 2 GB limit; a few people have reported good luck with it: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=91532