Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    I have my own domain email through yahoo. what is the best way to get that email which is handled by yahoo to get it pushed to my device? im coming from a blackberry so im so use to that email. what can i do and not have to pay anything for it? goodlink is not a option for me either. neither is chatter. also the sprint mobile email app works good but it will only let me use my yahoo email the one @yahoo.com and not the paid domain email address. help
    mail2web is probably the best and just forward your yahoo mail to this service and using versamail or chattermail to push it to your phone. check it out you will like the way mail2web is set up.
    Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    i dont want to forward mail. i still want to view it in outlook and on the web client. looks like im going back to a blackberry
    well versamail and chatter are your only options for push mail. If you already have an exchange server set up then I would use versamail since it also syncs your contacts and calender. The treo 755p is way better then any blackberry that I have used.
    Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    well i cant get chatter to notifie me about mail. i have to open chatter to get my mail. i use yahoo paid pop with my domain. so why isnt chatter telling me i have new mail? it doint even pull the mail until i open chatter
    hmm ive only used chatter for a couple hours so I don't know much about the settings but there should be some setting in the pref that you have to set in order for it to alert you. I don't remember having that problem because the whole reason that I tried chatter was because it had vibrating alerts something that for what ever reason versamail doesn't have. Just fool around with the settings and Im sure you'll find it.
    Just a quick note - Yahoo! does not support push mail for the Palm OS devices. Ben
    no yahoo doesn't directly but you can forward your yahoo mail to a push service like mail2web and it will be pushed to your phone. Thats what I do and it works great. You even get OWA using their service. I have like 5 different email addresses forwarded to mail2web and they all get pushed to my phone the second it reaches their server.
    Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    right but if you use yahoo for spam control you get spam as well. the blackberry is way better and looks like im going back to it
    I get my Yahoo Paid domain (which frankly, recently sucks big time - gotta love them bouncing mail to their own groups - i pull my mail every 5 minutes!), anyway i use it with Versamail.

Enjoy the BB!
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
    I am in the same boat as you (but i switched my email to gmail since it was free with ad based) and we are using palm's versa mail (which is the worst ... sorry but we are too cheap to pay for chatter)

And to be honest with you that 15 mins isnt what bugs me, it is the fact that the phone does not notify me, like the wx did.

I dont think the blackberry is worth the extra 30/ month for push email (i am assuming you are a sprint customer, since you have the 755p)

Just my opinion
    Quote Originally Posted by idle0095 View Post
    well i cant get chatter to notifie me about mail. i have to open chatter to get my mail. i use yahoo paid pop with my domain. so why isnt chatter telling me i have new mail? it doint even pull the mail until i open chatter
    My guess is that you simply do not have Chatter configured properly. I've been using it for nearly a year now and can say this it is much better than the BB email client. Chatter has several notification opions and does not have a problem polling the server for email on a regular basis. Perhaps if you post a little more information, we might be able to help you get Chatter working.

TKOS
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I have downloaded and installed this to my 755p it is from Sprint. I have my Yahoo account set up and it does push it to my phone allbeit about a 5min or less delay. I have my work email(pop3) account set up also which I have it sync every hour. I am alerted every time with either sounds,vibrate,led or all the above. Don't know if this helps or not but it is worth a try. What gripes me is when I got the 755p two weeks ago I had to sign up with Yahoo plus to set it up in versa mail. With the Sprint program I am able to use just the normal Yahoo set up no pop3 needed.
    Are there any instructions on what needs to be done to set up mail for the Treo's on the Mail2Web site?

Syphex, I sent you a PM.

Thanks,

Rick