Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Like many 700p verizon people out there, I had searous data connection issues with my 700P with the 1.10 ROM. Fortunately, I had a backup 700P with the 1.06 ROM to fall back on. For the last few weeks, I have been running the 1.06 ROM 700p because I was sick of the data problems with my 1.10 unit. Recently I started getting error 3000s on my 1.06 700p, which I'd rarely ever seen before. To make a long story short, I reactivated my 1.10 700p and have not had a single error 3000 in nearly four days, even running Chatter email.

I think Verizon may have changed something on their network so that the 1.10 ROM units can now connect properly. Maybe this is a knock on wood thing or maybe not. Either way, I am still running the 1.10 ROM and have not had a error 3000 in days.

I live in Eugene, Oregon. Anyone else?

TKOS
    I have 1.06 but my dad has 1.10. He did have network issues, but none in the past 5-6 days. I too wonder if Verizon did something in their network. However, I had a 1.10 phone for two weeks and did not have any network issues. It makes me think perhaps the problem was only in certain markets. It would explain why this problem was not discovered in the beta testing of the MR.
    Here's my .02

Where I live, I have been having constant network issues with my 1.10 700p. I am currently up in Bloomsburg, PA visiting my in laws, where EVDO was just recently added. This is the first time I've been here and now I am noticing no network problems at all!! Awesome? Not so much. Yes I now have a great connection but my battery is draining very rapidly. I notice throughout the day that my phone is constantly connecting to the network (ie those little triangle things by the tower icon are almost always green.) I am not sure if this is a fluke or related to what this thread is about. I have tried reseting my palm and confirming no apps are using the network.

I know its too early to tell but would this be Verizon's sloppy fix for us to have our palms constantly connect and in turn drain our batteries?
    My battery has been dying FAST for weeks (since i got the phone) whenever i was on the network. I had it drop 25% just having the network connected and not doing anything.

The other day, i was fully charged - did 1 thing online for a few minutes, downloaded 15 emails and bam, i was at 50%.

I can say that the battery life on the 650 was WAYYYYY better, and i'm not sure i want EVDO all the time if this is how it goes.
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
    Quote Originally Posted by barakaspeed View Post
    Here's my .02

Where I live, I have been having constant network issues with my 1.10 700p. I am currently up in Bloomsburg, PA visiting my in laws, where EVDO was just recently added. This is the first time I've been here and now I am noticing no network problems at all!! Awesome? Not so much. Yes I now have a great connection but my battery is draining very rapidly. I notice throughout the day that my phone is constantly connecting to the network (ie those little triangle things by the tower icon are almost always green.) I am not sure if this is a fluke or related to what this thread is about. I have tried reseting my palm and confirming no apps are using the network.

I know its too early to tell but would this be Verizon's sloppy fix for us to have our palms constantly connect and in turn drain our batteries?
    Are you on Sprint or Verizon? You're describing little arrows; that's how Sprint shows their network. I've had a Sprint 700P for almost a year, never upgraded, never had battery problems except when in a long-term roaming situation (and that's correctable by only allowing the phone to roam). You both might consider a different battery if you're dropping to 50% in less than 10-12 hours.
    It can take up to 2 weeks, before the network connectivity issues come up. I would not jump the gun, with a verdict till no disconnects for at least 3-4 weeks.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I still get them, and I'm here in Los Angeles. A typical scenario for me involves no Error 3000 messages during the week when I am accessing the Network throughout the day to retrieve email. The Network still disconnects after a period of time, and I usually have to reconnect before accessing the web, getting email, or using Causerie, but with no error messages. I ALWAYS get 3000 error messages during my first few attempts to connect on a weekend, or if I travel to other parts of Southern California outside the LA area and attempt to access data. I can usually successfully connect after the third attempt.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Are you on Sprint or Verizon? You're describing little arrows; that's how Sprint shows their network. I've had a Sprint 700P for almost a year, never upgraded, never had battery problems except when in a long-term roaming situation (and that's correctable by only allowing the phone to roam). You both might consider a different battery if you're dropping to 50% in less than 10-12 hours.
    My phone is 3 weeks old, and it will drop to under 50% with the network on (but not being used) in 3-4 hours. This is in an EVDO area.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark View Post
    I still get them, and I'm here in Los Angeles. A typical scenario for me involves no Error 3000 messages during the week when I am accessing the Network throughout the day to retrieve email. The Network still disconnects after a period of time, and I usually have to reconnect before accessing the web, getting email, or using Causerie, but with no error messages. I ALWAYS get 3000 error messages during my first few attempts to connect on a weekend, or if I travel to other parts of Southern California outside the LA area and attempt to access data. I can usually successfully connect after the third attempt.
    LA - you are all EVDO right? (My Dad says he loses it driving up towards Ventura on Verizon) Someone told me that the network disconnect issue was a non-EVDO problem - and that is why i'm not seeing them. "He" was the first person to say that point blank. Is this true or not?

I'm NOT having disconnect issues - but LOL, my battery life on a connection stinks. I'm about 50 miles NW of Orlando.
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    still happenin in Phx
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142 View Post
    still happenin in Phx
    I live in metro-Phx. On Thursday the VZW tech guru end-all-be-all called me up and we did one thing which MOST of us have done. Now maybe doing it in this specific order might of improved things. I got maybe 3 Error 3000s during the weekend and I've been hitting my data pretty harder than normal. The only other non error 3000 issues I've gotten is when it cant connect I'd get the usual cannot connect to the web page. I'll admit it did improve things and almost put the phone back to normal. Unfortunately I still get some reboots and lags and not to mention this is my 3rd phone which i received where my UP arrow doesnt work well.

Referencing post:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=341

Heres the funny part When he tried calling me the next morning on my phone I had my JX10 in my ear and the phone rang (silent mode non-vibrate) but it didnt ring through to my Jabra. Like Ralph Kramden says... Har har har... de har har....
    Last edited by ncc1701p; 08/27/2007 at 09:50 AM.
    For the record - i sent a picture to my Dad last night, phone went from 92% to 64%. Yup. 1 picture.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I'll add my conspiracy-theory to the mix:

I contacted VZW via email demanding a fix for the problem last week. Their reply is that, for some magical reason, the 700p's they updated in their warehouse do not have the Error 3000, however mine does because I did it myself. Convoluted explanation to say the least, but they are willing to send me one of those magic phones... but I have not done so quite yet. Why? well...

Since last week, I have not had a single Error 3000 problem nor a network disconnect issue. I have not changed my data habits at all (Versamail still set to receive email at given time intervals, I always browse the web in the evening between online matches, etc.) And a week and a half ago I would have data problems constantly. Now they are pretty much gone and I have pounded the data connnection heavily. No dice, the network remains solid.

So what's the truth behind our Error 3000?
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Running 1.10 on my SIXTH 700p since last June!! (is that a record)? With this new phone running 1.10 I have been having Versamail Auto Sync errors and web access issues. Also have had some failure to deliver errors in delivering text photos sometimes.
    "and if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackey Guy View Post
    Running 1.10 on my SIXTH 700p since last June!! (is that a record)? With this new phone running 1.10 I have been having Versamail Auto Sync errors and web access issues. Also have had some failure to deliver errors in delivering text photos sometimes.

Actually reading around I've seen someone at the 7 mark. Heres something wacky I posted earlier. Just for $H!t$ and Giggles, if you use blazer and googlemaps on a hard reset device w/ not too much whatever u have on it. Do you get it still? I started loading versamail and gizmoproject and blammo error 3000s or continuous reboots. I dunno. im at a loss. I use gmail,blazer, googlemaps and my Error 3000s are down to a subtaintial minimal. Im kinda ticked because its between the phone update and the people who make the software. I like what the Treo 700P can do but if I cant use what I want on it then technically there's no reason for some people to have it.
    Last edited by ncc1701p; 08/29/2007 at 10:07 AM.
    I"m getting a new phone from Asurion for my battery issue.

Fun!
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TraecyS/FL View Post
    I"m getting a new phone from Asurion for my battery issue.

Fun!
    The title of this thread is "Verizon/Palm may have fixed the data connection issue." As someone affected by the data connection problems since the MR, I eagerly await news that the problem is fixed. You getting a new phone for a battery problem doesn't help us fix our connection problem. Perhaps you accidently posted in the wrong thread??
    SOmeone ELSE was having issues with a phone that "works fine" but now has crappy battery life.

Mine has appeared to work since i got it, but has crappy battery life.

Sorry for trying to troubleshoot my battery issue - that honestly until i read this thread didn't make me pay attention to WHEN it died.

On network, zap. But it stays connected.

Flip. I swear men can't think outside of the box sometimes......
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Darn I spoke too soon, in the last couple of days I have had a crapload of Error 3000 messages.

My replacement Treo should be arriving today. With the labor day weekend I'll be using the web on the phone more often and if anything happens, I'll post results.

For those in their 6th replacement phone, didnt you know that after 3 replacements you can get a brand new phone from the carrier? Just saying, in case you want to steer away from Palm OS and 700p and try something else. IN this case Sprint has the better deal since Verizon has yet to release their HTC PPC-6900 and/or Treo 755p...
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TraecyS/FL View Post
    Flip. I swear men can't think outside of the box sometimes......
    I LOVE outside-the-box thinking! What I can't stand is the posting diarrhea that has permeated the 700p forum lately, IMHO. As far as I know, it is considered proper forum ETIQUETTE not hijack a thread with your own completely different problem.

If you are having battery problems, start a thread, or post in any one of the dozens of threads on the subject. That way I don't have to get an email notification from a data connection problem thread that you are getting a new phone because your battery sucks.

The people here, at Palm, and at Verizon (men AND women) are working very hard to solve the frustrating data connection problem, and many of us are desperately waiting for a solution. Please....I beg of you....don't add to our frustration.
    Actually, I asked you a question up the thread and never recieved an answer. That was ON TOPIC.

In this thread, I was told.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=140
    Originally Posted by TraecyS/FL
    Mine was brand new in box and had 1.10 on it.

I haven't had an error on it since the first time i tried to connect. After that, it's connected every time - and I left it for lke 4 hours once and it stayed.

I don't know how to make it fail at this point?!
    Are you using 1x or EVDO? AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $it$'$s$ $only$ $a$ $1x$ $problem$.
    No one has countered that as false info, and was NOT the info i had garnered from reading. All the complaints - and people live in EVDO areas.

All I have been attempting to do is figure out if my phone has an issue. I knew going into getting it about the problems. BUT, if the problems are tryly only affecting 1X areas and NOT EVDO areas, then i'm cool.

Noticing that YOU live in LA - which i know from my Dad is EVDO until he heads up the coast, I ASSume that the person posting to ME in this thread didn't know what the heck he was saying.

I'm sorry for spewing more garbage - i'm genuinely trying to get info. And for the record, it drives me flipping crazy to have issues go "un-answered" in threads, hence my "update" in this one (it's a case of someone 3 years later will BTT it and ask, "did you ever fix the battery life issue because i have the same thing", which would send you another email, and see it all the time on dpreview). I wasn't the original hijacker - again. Sorry. It's hard to stay "on topic" with some of this crap because one persons brain has 2 things "together" and someone else has it "apart" and garbage.

So then back to wondering why my phone "works" and everyone else's doesn't. Which, i do find interesting and would love to know what was different.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast