1.    #1  
    Can you change the "Sprint" name that shows up on the phone dispaly screen?
    That is read from the carrier. If you go somewhere where Sprint coverage is not in, then it will read the other carrier's name.

That is the only way for it to change.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Only GMS phones will show the name of the other carrier. The Sprint version of the phone(don't know about VZW)shows just a blue triangle(not to be confused with the EVDA blue triangles).
    Matty
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Here is the description from the Treo 755p Users Guide on page 95.

"Sprint" Your phone is on and youíre inside the Sprint National Network.
    If you are outside a coverage area, "No Service" or "Roaming" appears
    instead.
    "No Service" means that there is no coverage at all and
    "Roaming" means that another wireless service providerís network
    is available.
    When you turn off your phone, "Phone Off" appears

Rich
    When I was on an island in Upper Michigan the other day it read "International Calling" (or maybe "International Roaming").

For the geographically challenged that would be a signal from Canada

I wish they had something you could easily click and it would display call and data charges (without calling a human who might not be correct) in case you wanted to make a call...

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    Quote Originally Posted by garylapointe View Post
    When I was on an island in Upper Michigan the other day it read "International Calling" (or maybe "International Roaming").

For the geographically challenged that would be a signal from Canada

I wish they had something you could easily click and it would display call and data charges (without calling a human who might not be correct) in case you wanted to make a call...

Gary
    Yeah the 755p shows "International Roaming" while the 700p I believe only shows "Roaming." I agree about the display of rates, the support had no idea on International Rates when I called up.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products