1.    #1  
    I bought the Palm cradle and put a spare batt in the compartment as well as the Treo in the cradle overnight. In the morning, only the phone was charged, the spare batt remained at the same percentage. Is that the way it's supposed to work. I would have expected both to charge simultaneously.
    They should charge simultaneously. If the phone is off the charger and the battery is in correctly, then the red light on the cradle comes on.
  3.    #3  
    The phone has to be off for both to charge simultaneously?

I put the batt in the compartment, the red cradle light comes on. I insert the Treo and leave it on as a night light with On-cradle-on. The red light on the Treo is on as well as the cradle light, but only the Treo batt gets charged. Do you think I have a bad cradle? I'll try again tonight with the Treo off.
  4.    #4  
    I left the Treo LCD off overnight in the cradle and both batteries were charged. I will try again tonight leaving the LCD on.

I don't understand how the cradle works. Deos it have 2 independent charge circuit?
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudedvision View Post
    The phone has to be off for both to charge simultaneously?

I put the batt in the compartment, the red cradle light comes on. I insert the Treo and leave it on as a night light with On-cradle-on. The red light on the Treo is on as well as the cradle light, but only the Treo batt gets charged. Do you think I have a bad cradle? I'll try again tonight with the Treo off.
    Both should charged simultaneously.
    Sorry if my post was misleading. Mine charges both batteries at the same time.
  7.    #7  
    I disabled On-Cradle-on and both batteries charged overnight. Is there another program that keeps the LCD on without affecting the charging of the spare batt? I like to be able to use the LCD as a night light.

Wasn't the OEM cradle laround $60 when first introduced? When did Palm lower the price? I paid $35 for it at CompUSA last week and it is a good value with the spare batt feature as well as the foreign adapters that's included. It is also much sturdier (hopefully better made too) than the Ebay cradle I have which is cheaply made and does not hold the Treo securely.