Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Looks much better than the blurry pics

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/picture-e...hot-293414.php
    Looks much better!! i wouldnt call that "ugly". i would actually grab this for $99!!
    I would also be on this for 99.00. It looks better that its not in white.
    I forget, will it have a touch screen?
    Even if it doesn't, this device is going head to head with the Q.
    Let's hope for Palm's sake that the blurry pics of a white Centro were just an early, now abandoned, prototype. This is definitely better looking, but I'm still surprised at what looks like a lot of wasted space above the button panel. It does look thinner though.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    The gizmodo article did say it was touchscreen. The multiprotocol IM app pictured looks interesting too - not surprising to highlight that if this is for the "youth" market.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I am liking it!
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    This is looking GOOD!!! I want one.
    now that's a good looking phone. Too bad sprint is showing off their crap-tastic IM program instead of the Palm Launcher.

For $99 Palm will sell tons of these if they are marketed correctly.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Just palm, first they drop the antenna then they offer colors now a sleek case... hmmm... how about some types of upgrades like i don't know... making my text messages go instead of sitting in the out box...

It is nice though... i just hope it brings in enough revenue for them to start correcting their problems.
    Might be the start of a comeback for Palm.
    I'm not sure that they can make a comeback with just a phone, hopefully the foleo will be a hit, and they will be able to pump money back into developing the treo for their actual target audience (business)

Lets face it the tean demographics already love their sidekicks, and their iphones, we are loyal palm fans, and deserve something for loyalty???

Not sure if that is fair to say, i really hope they do well, since I have so much software on my treo that i would hate to re buy in windows or blackberry format (if they were available)
    Yeah, I've got to agree that it doesn't look bad. Now what does a guy have to do to get a 3g Palm OS phone on Cingular/AT&T? How long until they come out with a GSM, and does anyone know if it would be 3g or EDGE? Ugh.
    Last edited by libmanj; 08/25/2007 at 10:43 AM.
    http://treocentral.com/content/Stories/1319-1.htm

Yep, slightly less horrible looking.
    I'm surprised they are sticking with the Athena connector but expect/predict they'll use mini-USB for the 800 series. it's high time they did.
    Quote Originally Posted by libmanj View Post
    Yeah, I've got to agree that it doesn't look bad. Now what does a guy have to do to get a 3g Palm OS phone on Cingular/AT&T? How long until they come out with a GSM, and does anyone know if it would be 3g or EDGE? Ugh.
    Traditionally I think it's been about 9-12 months before the GSM phones appear. The Centro does look good but the bad news about the keyboard could still be problematic if it proves true. The pic looks like the keys could be usable, but it's hard to get scale without a reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Traditionally I think it's been about 9-12 months before the GSM phones appear. The Centro does look good but the bad news about the keyboard could still be problematic if it proves true. The pic looks like the keys could be usable, but it's hard to get scale without a reference.
    9-12 months? Double ugh.

I know this isn't the place to vent on this particular topic, but why oh why is it that Palm has never created a 3g GSM Treo on Palm OS? Do I really ask for that much? They've been around on CDMA for years! Maybe the Centro will put an end to that, but I'm not even sure. Are they going to put 3g on a $99 smartphone, or will they once again create a "low end" option like they did with the Treo 680, using crippled EDGE technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000 View Post
    I'm surprised they are sticking with the Athena connector but expect/predict they'll use mini-USB for the 800 series. it's high time they did.
    Yes it is. Mini USB is nice.

Wouldn't it be amazing if any company could fix ALL of the main problems with their product in the next generation product?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Looks much better!! i wouldnt call that "ugly". i would actually grab this for $99!!
    But what is the retail price, not the new activation price? Afterall, some folks are already on a contract...

That i would like to know.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by libmanj View Post
    I know this isn't the place to vent on this particular topic, but why oh why is it that Palm has never created a 3g GSM Treo on Palm OS?
    I don't know the answer but my take is that it is more reluctance on the part of T-Mobile and AT&T to offer such a device versus Palm not wanting to offer one. You figure one carrier is going to get an exclusive for a period of time, then after that, all bets are off. It's really up to the carriers what they sell since we know Palm makes devices to sell worldwide.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    I hope the specs are up to par.

I want to get rid of my big, heavy Treo 700p and get something smaller with a QWERTY keyboard. Something that I can just slip into my pants pocket so I stop looking like a complete nerd with the Treo in a belt holster (specficially when I'm out at nights and weekends).

Please, PALM, come through for me!
    For even having a Treo on your belt, you are a nerd . My Treo fits nice and snug in my trouser pocket. Never understood putting things like phones on belt clips and so forth..
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast