1.    #1  
    I am trying to find an application called Notepad for a Treo 650 and a conduit for it. I'm told it's available in the forums here, but a search is not turning it up. Can somebody tell me where to find that?

Thanks,

--PS
    Paul Schatzkin
    http://49chevy.com
    "The difficult we do right away, the impossible takes slightly longer." --Philo T. Farnsworth
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    I must be an chronic early adopter: First a Palm Pilot, then a Palm V, a Treo 300, and now the Treo 650...(my, THAT was a long time ago!)
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

3.    #3  
    The files you highlighted here are over a year old -- are these the latest versions? As of the post you directed me to:

>>These apps have not been completely tested. I am providing them for you to further test. Some of these apps might need a HotSync conduit for complete functionality.

So are these the final versions, stable and tested? Is a conduit necessary for Notepad? If so, where do I get that?

Also, I looked at the .zip file, and it's a tad confusing. All the NotePad files a ".bprc" files. What's the "b" for? ".prc" I'm familiar with. "bprc" and .oprc" -- not so much.

Finally, is this a native Palm app, or is this a third party app? Whenever I search on like "palm notepad," I keep getting the "BugMe!" app, and then I start reading about how unstable that is, how it doesn't sync, etc etc.

I'd like something stable and simple that I can use to jot notes on the Treo 650 with a stylus. Are we talking about the same thing?

Thanks,

--PS
    Paul Schatzkin
    "The difficult we do right away, the impossible takes slightly longer." --Philo T. Farnsworth
    I must be an chronic early adopter: First a Palm Pilot, then a Palm V, a Treo 300, and now the Treo 650...(my, THAT was a long time ago!)
    Quote Originally Posted by driver49 View Post
    The files you highlighted here are over a year old -- are these the latest versions? As of the post you directed me to:

>>These apps have not been completely tested. I am providing them for you to further test. Some of these apps might need a HotSync conduit for complete functionality.

So are these the final versions, stable and tested? Is a conduit necessary for Notepad? If so, where do I get that?

Also, I looked at the .zip file, and it's a tad confusing. All the NotePad files a ".bprc" files. What's the "b" for? ".prc" I'm familiar with. "bprc" and .oprc" -- not so much.

Finally, is this a native Palm app, or is this a third party app? Whenever I search on like "palm notepad," I keep getting the "BugMe!" app, and then I start reading about how unstable that is, how it doesn't sync, etc etc.

I'd like something stable and simple that I can use to jot notes on the Treo 650 with a stylus. Are we talking about the same thing?

Thanks,

--PS
    Those are the latest versions that I know work ont he 650. The conduits are avaliable on an install cd for the LifeDrive or Zire72 not needed unless you want to view them on the desktop. Yes the notepad is Palm's. I use it now on my 680. I have used Diddlebug but had stability issues.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

5.    #5  
    Thank you, James, for patiently answering my questions. Just one more:

I mentioned that I don't see a pure ".prc" file anywhere in the Notepad.zip file you steered me to. Only brpc and oprc files. So, which file do I install on the Treo to get Notepad to run there.

The conduits question I guess I have to research elsewhere. I'm using a program called "Missing Sync" to sync my Treo to a MacBook. That's where I learned about "Notepad," oddly enough...

Thanks,

--PS
    Paul Schatzkin
    Hi,

I too am a notepad fan from my pre-Treo Palm days. I've managed to get the app and my old data on the Treo, thanks to various tips on this and other forums. But there's one problem - albeit more a disappointment than a showstopper:

Hotsync doesn't work (sync log says "Notepad failed" every time). So I can't get these notes on my computer. And if I open the desktop notepad app, it contains "versions" of all the notes, but they're unreadable - a mass of scrawl.

Does anyone know whether this is fixable? If not I guess I'll survive, but ...
    Regards,
    Lance <))><