1.    #1  
    I switched from Treo 650 to 755p.
    On 650 I run mobile version of GMAIL without any problems.
    On 755p when I go to gmail.com/app to install it, I am getting an error message:
    Sorry, the gmail application does not work on your Palm PalmOS 5 device...
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Never used the gmail app, but the sprint email app works great with gmail.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=151018
    The Gmail mobile client requires the IBM Java code to be loaded on the Treo. You must have installed it on your 650.

I recommend the Sprint Mobile Mail too. Just send a SMS text to 777468 with the word email in the msg to get download link..
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaddeus View Post
    I switched from Treo 650 to 755p.
    On 650 I run mobile version of GMAIL without any problems.
    On 755p when I go to gmail.com/app to install it, I am getting an error message:
    Sorry, the gmail application does not work on your Palm PalmOS 5 device...
    Any help will be appreciated.
    In addition to the other suggestions: the 755p's email app (Versamail) supports Gmail out of the box, it works flawlessly for me.
    I have Versamail set to send/receive my Gmail account with no problems.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    I have Versamail set to send/receive my Gmail account with no problems.
    I too use this method for Gmail.
    I need push and I am trying the Sprint thingy and Gmail push does not work. I am going back to chatter.
  8.    #8  
    Thank you all for the responses. Unfortunately I am still in search for a workable solution.
    1. On 650 I had to install PalmOS JVM, but than Gmail/app installed flowlessly. When I looked at the latest version of PalmOS JVM it does not lists 755p as supported, it stops at 700p. Anyway, Gmail Mobile will not install.
    2. I tried other suggested solutions.
    a. Sprint Mobile will not download new messages, it looks very nice but it lacks any minimum required functionality.
    b. Versa Mail set up Gmail account perfectly, I have to set up POP setting on Gmail as "Enable POP for all mail (even mail that's already been downloaded)". It works fine - so thanks for suggestion, but still lacks the UI and functionality of Gmail Mobile.

Actually I am disappointed with 755p. It comes with IM application, that allows to use AOL, Yahoo and MS messengers. Great, it worked, however last week the MANDATORY software update was forced. After it is installed the signing in takes very long time and ALWAYS comes up with [Error-103]Request could not be completed'. I tried to restore the previous version by resetting 755p, but the IM INSISTS that it must be updated, therefore repeating itself.

So I have two applications that should work, but they don't
    <i>On 650 I had to install PalmOS JVM, but than Gmail/app installed flowlessly</i>

....and you tried JVM in the T755p?

Agreed the versamail is klugy. Worst is it seems it still can't delete attachements. They just pile up til there's no memory left (or you use filez to delete them).

On the up side it can check for email on a schedule. better than Sprint email I installed 24 hours ago and still no pushed mail.

For the sprint program I do like the search funtion and list mail by unread. it also has a specific "delete downloaded attachments" function. I think I'll try it with my Sprint mail account and see though I already get text telling me I have maik there and then I have the option of downloading or not.
    <b>stupid board program. can't insert italics</b>
  11.    #11  
    Yes, of course I tried JVM on T755P...
    I suspect it is not supported yet...
    Is there a way to store all email and attachments on MiniSD? I could vaguely recollect that 650 allowed me to do that. I could not find out how?
    Last edited by Thaddeus; 08/26/2007 at 11:32 PM.