Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    I really want to create a launcher for the treo but I don't know the first thing about creating a programs in POS. Does anything want to help?
    I have this great design (GUI) for it just needs to be applied.
    I was also thinking I could make as a skin for a current launcher but I don't know which one to use.
    If I use an existing app
    I would like for it to support user backgrounds & user assigned icons *
    everything else I think all the launcher support already.

Does anyone have any suggestions and would like to help?
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    sorry but this is not a good time to start developing for Palm. The OS is Dead. You might as well wait for the new OS before you even consider
    As much as I want to just say that was a horrible comment, I'm in agreement. Developing right now for just the PalmOS isn't good for long term profitablity, especially when you consider the new OS coming and the fact you need to learn the programming language.

I'd honestly point you to keeping the idea, but working with learning to develop on WM and Symbian till the next PalmOS happens, then hedging your bets on which to develop at that point.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    I argee with both of you. That's why I was thinking of doing a skin for a current launcher. There still will be many people who don't upgrade their treo not including myself but you get the point.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Well Doc, if you can birng something to the table that other's haven't, go for it.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    If you are interested in doing some skins for Initiate, that would be great. There aren't many out there, and it is really taking off as a launcher.

Essentially, you just have to design the image of what it should look like normally, and with the buttons pressed. Then I cut up the bits and compile a skin.

give Initiate a try
    http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/DownloadPrc.php

have a look at the existing skins
    http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/initiate-skins.php

then drop me a line
    rob -at- hobbyistsoftware.com
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    I'm all for new skins for Initiate! I'm currently using it... but there are no purple skins!! lol... But anyway... I think this is a pretty good launcher.. I was using Zlauncer before this and while I'm still learning Initiate... it seems to be really good... very customizable... (except for the fact that there are very few skins for it)..... and seems to take up less space than zlauncher....