1.    #1  
    Whats the difference? I only get the green arrow icons, in 3 weeks that i have been usin the phone, i have only seen the blue triangles twice.

I read from the Palm support pages.... green arrow means connected to the Sprint Vision network (1xRTT) while the blue triangles mean you are connected to the Power Vision Network.

Now that worries me because does that mean i am NOT connected to the Power Vision network which i suppose is the high speed data network Sprint has? Im telling you i only see the green arrows i did a search, saom of you say that the blue triangle is when you are roaming, but thats not the case with me. Could someone explain?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You are correct. The blue triangles are the high speed network. The green are the slower speed access. I hadn't seen the green arrows until I traveled across the state last weekend. I stopped at a rest area when traffic started to back up going back towards Seattle, to check the traffic to see what was going on. I was getting the green arrows and it was WAY slower than the blue triangles.
  3.    #3  
    How come i am not getting the blue ones then? this just makes me sad ( hopefully the replacement Treo Sprint will be sending will be able to connect to this. No wonder my EVDO is SOOO Slow!!

The highest i got from the green arrows was 800kbps. i thought that was pretty fast but to think that i could get somehwere in the 1-2Mbps is utterly frustrating!
    800 kbps from green arrows (1XRTT)? Something doesn't seem right there. That is far faster than is possible with the 1XRTT network. It should be more like 80 kbps. 800 kbps is what you should expect from the blue arrows (EVDO) network, on average.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by weth View Post
    800 kbps from green arrows (1XRTT)? Something doesn't seem right there. That is far faster than is possible with the 1XRTT network. It should be more like 80 kbps. 800 kbps is what you should expect from the blue arrows (EVDO) network, on average.

yeah its really 800kbps. around 600kbps sometimes. but usually really below 200. and thats from green arrows.

if the blue triangles is EVDO, what are the green arrows then?
    Green does equal 1xrtt which only have a cap at about 128kb/s I believe. When ever we have a problem with EVDO here I manually switch to the 1xrtt which is a tad more stable but slower then EVDO.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    The reason for the different numbers is ones kilobits a second and the others kilobytes a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPL Radar View Post
    The reason for the different numbers is ones kilobits a second and the others kilobytes a second.
    No, I do not think that is the problem. Everyone has been talking about kilobits per second and 1XRTT is maximum 144 kbitsps (which is only 18 kiloBytes per second). It usually runs at about 80 kbitsps (which is 10 kiloBytes per second).

The numbers the OP is giving is definitely in EVDO speed ranges and not 1XRTT, but the phone is indicating 1XRTT.
  9.    #9  
    i just did a few tests with the green arrows via 2wire.com... 700++kbps, 200++kbps, 350++kbps, and before this post... 610Kbps.

Are these the speeds you get from the high speed EVDO?
    Yes those are high speed EVDO numbers. 1XRTT is not that fast, maximum 144 kbps and usually 50 to 90 is what you would get for 1XRTT.

If you are at the edge of EVDO, 1XRTT, could your phone be starting the connection at 1XRTT, and then switch to EVDO, but during the data session the arrows don't change ???

Did you try a speed test on a different site just in case it is something funny with the 2wire.com site?
  11.    #11  
    yes the arrows do not change. it stays at the green arrows.

you have another site in mind? i tried testmy.net but i cant seem to get it to work.
    from your phone try: http://text.dslreports.com/mspeed

If you are tethered try www.speedtest.net
    well I would just force evdo and your phone If you have sprint by doing ##evdo# and see if the arrows change but if your already getting EVDO speeds I really wouldn't worry about and those are really good speeds.
  14.    #14  
    i did a tethering test with the green arrows:

speedtest.net - 125 kbps DL, 108 UL
    2wire.com - 112 kbps

I wonder where the 2wire results i got from blazer came from now.
    yeah that seems about right for green arrows or 1xrtt. If your with sprint did you try the ##evdo# on your phone to force EVDO?
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    yeah that seems about right for green arrows or 1xrtt. If your with sprint did you try the ##evdo# on your phone to force EVDO?
    yeah i tried that it rang... theres a computer message saying the number was invalid or something like that. what was supposed to happen?
    if you select the force broadband (EVDO only) option that should force your phone to only use EVDO... the only downfall is that you will not be able to recieve any phone calls while your browsing the web. But it will hopefully let you test to see if your EVDO is working. You however shouldn't get any type of call when selecting this option. If your getting an error msg while selecting this option then you should probably call sprint and have them reprovision your phone for power vision.
  18.    #18  
    Soi have to go to Sprint then... i'll wait and see... i have a replacement Treo coming from Sprint. If that dont work too, i'll go to Sprint.

Still wondering though why i was getting 700++kbps on my Treo's Blazer on the 2wire site.
    if you ran one test and say it came out really low and then hit the back button the next test would run off your cache and it wouldn't be correct. It would end up much higher because it would be pulling the info from memory instead of actually running the test.
  20.    #20  
    I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK!!

ok i think the mistake i did was trying to dial ##EVDO# while in the DialByPhoto app. When i did it from the Phone app, i did go into the force EVDO screen. I tap on it and the WHOLA! EVDO speed!!

immediately went to test it on http://text.dslreports.com/mspeed with my blazer.... man!! 1.9Mbps!!!! FAST!!

Anyway, my only complaint now is i still have to go to the force EVDO screen to achieve this, and it doesnt connect to it automatically, it connects ALWAYS to the 1xRTT network.... why is that?