Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I'm in a quandary.

I have had a Verizon Treo 700p for 1 year now (been with Verizon for 12 years). The 700p works pretty good (no bluetooth issues, occasional lag with Blazer and Text Messaging). I'm paying $145 per month for 1350 minutes, unlimted text, and data/evdo connection.

I just got a Sprint 755p yesterday under the SERO plan. $50 per month for 1250 minutes, unlimited text , and power vision. The phone is nice, a bit slimmer/lighter -fits in the pocket better. IM app is cool. So not much of an upgrade over the 700p.

The big gripe though is that Sprint has no EvDO coverage here in Dutchess County, NY. Verizon has had it now for the past 10 months.
    I surf with Blazer often and use PDAnet to connect to my laptop 2-3x per month. For instance, it took 2 min 10 sec for the mobil Palm site to load and 26 sec. with Verizon.

What would you do? Stick with Verizon or go with the cheaper Sprint plan and hopefully wait for EvDO soon!
    That's easy for me to say. I'd send Sprint an email asking when EVDO is coming. You may be pleaasantly surprised. No matter what they answered I'd stick with Sprint and put the money I saved each month in my retirement account.

To make Blazer work more quickly turn off the graphics except when you really need them. There must be other tricks too on this forum.