1.    #1  
    Well, I installed the Verizon update on my 700p last time it was up. No problems to report so I figured i'd ask: Any progress on building custom roms for the 700p?

Given the limited avaliable memory I would really love to pack some of the stuff I commonly use onto the rom of the phone.

Possible? Man, I miss the good ole days when I could customize my 650 no problem
    Well Palm did the ol' smackdown to Shadowmite who is the Treo HERO IMHO.
    They basically said... if you hack our code we will come after you.. So that dream died w/ the 650.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I am still suprised that allowing which programs can be deleted from your hardware is not allowed. I want to free up space, but I have crap like wireless sync, addit, etc... that palm/vzw put on my phone that I don't use.

Its like having demo software on your computer that you can't erase???

Why does palm get away with this crap?

I definitely won't be purchasing anything from palm again...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1701p View Post
    Well Palm did the ol' smackdown to Shadowmite who is the Treo HERO IMHO.
    They basically said... if you hack our code we will come after you.. So that dream died w/ the 650.
    Well damnit. Yea they ought to kiss the feet of the hackers who manage to *IMPROVE* a product which they seem to be incapable of in any way getting right.

"Sorry we hacked your software Palm. We'll promise not to do it again if you will just make software that doesn't suck to begin with"