1.    #1  
    I bought a 680 off a guy @ work who can't find the original CD. I searched the forum and found links to the unlocked version, but i was looking for the original Cingular Version (locked to Cingular) or will the unlocked work for me?

thanks
    It would be better to find the Cingular/ATT version since it has specific conduits to help your Treo run better on the network. But, it won't make your device explode if you want to use it until you find the carrier specific CD to hotsync with. You could always backup with a backup program to an SD card until you find the CD...

Try your local Cingular/ATT store...
  3.    #3  
    i guess i will wait until i hear on a Cingular/ATT version . someone must have one somewhere!

thanks
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Good luck finding a Cingular install CD. I bought my cingular 680 form someone w/out cd as well.

I searched high & low. Went to a Cingular store to ask for one and they told me I had to go thru Palm for it. Went to Palm who says go to Cingular....

I eventually found I could just download Palm hotsync from Palms website,
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...sk414e680.html

..and the only things I'm missing from the CD is the Docs2Go installer & conduit. Everything else on that CD was trail/shareware. I gave up searching and have been working fine.
  5.    #5  
    i think this is it. When i installed in it gave me version 4.2 I still need to get a sync cable though.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...7&postcount=43
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Nice find! Thanks.....downloading now.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    i need the Files application that comes on the Unlocked CD. Its not in my box, i must have misplaced my disc.
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    What about Filez. It is much better and free.
    jb
    Blackberry Curve 8310
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    I have Filez, but I don't think its better then Files. I used to have both loaded on- w00ps- hard reset
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    fishera

See this post

Has a list of Treo Install CD images