1.    #1  
    Hello!

This is my first time contacting anyone on here. Maybe someone can help me.
    I have a Palm treo 650. I have Miditones installed AND Ringcare installed. Do these two programs conflict with each other? When Using Ringcare, what do my "Tone" settings need to be set to in my "Sounds" application? Are they supposed to be set to "No Sound" ??? I notice that when I try and set them to a sound , my phone resets and trun off the vibrate option and changes it to "No sound". My phone will automatically shut down and reset on its own if I try and go to ringcare and make changes. When I call my treo the phone does not ring. Ringcare was working just fine a few days ago. But then i got a memory free disk error. so I moved some items onto my 2G SD Card. I'm not sure if my ringtones are Midi or MPS , I used the ringcare desk top to edit them. But dont really know where they are stored.

I now this is a lot if information. If someone knows of a phone number I could actually talk to someone and help me walk thru this promlem let me know. OR else I guess I can try and trouble shoot it this way.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Terry
  2.    #2  
    Well, I could not use my treo 650 anymore with it shutting down constantly on me. I deleted ringcare and my phone is now working fine again. I wish someone could tell me why this was happening. I'm now using The favorites area to apply my custom ringtones to. it appears to be working great.
    Post this in Jeff Gibson's Discussion. He will help you out.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Ok I am new to Treo Central how do I post to Jeff Gibson's discussion? My 650 was geat until about 3 months ago when it started turing on and off randomly. The people at AT&T say its the phone but I am doubtful. Thanks, glsda
    Last edited by glsda; 08/26/2007 at 03:59 PM.
    Mine gets really flaky when it gets low (<3 MB) on free memory. Then I know it's time to clean out some files. The culprit is usually VersaMail because the inbox is "add only."
    Quote Originally Posted by glsda View Post
    Ok I am new to Treo Central how do I post to Jeff Gibson's discussion? My 650 was geat until about 3 months ago when it started turing on and off randomly. The people at AT&T say its the phone but I am doubtful. Thanks, glsda
    Did you bump it or something? You could have knocked your SIM contacts loose somehow.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Sorry about the late response. I am learning to navigate this site. No bumps. I have learned more here in the brief time I have been a member than the couple of years I have had my 650. I had a Motorola V600 and took the sim card out of it and replaced the one in my 650. I wanted to keep that number. It appears that's when the problems started. I received a new sim tray, then cingular gave me a new card and it still turns on and off several times a day. I guess I live with it until Plam comes up with something to make me want to change.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I need similar help. My last 650 died a few weeks ago and I got a new one from Ebay. Has been working great with no problems. However, I noticed that once or twice the screen would come on and then cycle off. However, today, it started doing it quite a bit and I noticed that it was going to the Card screen. I took out the card (2 GB which I've had forever) and the turning on and off stopped. When I put it back in it starts up again (just did it now). I tried to access my Weather program and it did a Reset of Death and I lost all my preferences. No problem, I have Backup and when I went to restore I see that it hadn't been backing up with the new phone. Now it won't recognize the card and the Menu button and right arrow button won't move to the right to reset my preferences. I can get a new card (I'm assuming there is a problem with the card) but don't know what to do about the Menu button or lighting up. Got any ideas? I have about 2 MB of memory available on the phone and no apps on the card that need to "reach out" for updates, etc.

Thanks!