1.    #1  
    I can't be the only one who really liked the BB 7100- more of a phone than smart phone brick, but a usable keyboard for the occasional email.

The keys on the Centro look absolutely unusable.

Somehow, I doubt that Palm did any user group testing with teen agers- that is clearly to me indicated by the awful response the Fooleo generated from most of the hard core treo users here on this site.
    When palm was creating the 650 they did mock ups with the suretype but they didn't go for it. granted the BB Pearl has this and it's a popular phone, it's the only popular phone with this feature. there are half a dozen phones with a sure type keyboard but you couldn't name one besides a Black Berry.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Actually i have used them all... and i started using treo right when i was in their target audience (college age students) i really thing with all the new phones with qwerty fold out keyboards, this will be a huge hit, teens like the full keyboard.

Also I notice that I use like 4000 msg's a month and like 60 emails a day and only about 1200 minutes... so i would think this is a better deal for people in the target audience since texting is cool...

just my opinion...
    I liked the suretype on the 7100i. especially after the big brick bb's that came before it. but with the new slim full qwerty bb's out now, I would prefer them.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Palm probably didnt want to tackle the issue of developing predictive text for sure type - they also probably want to stick to their guns of having qwerty keyboards.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdelt View Post
    Palm probably didnt want to tackle the issue of developing predictive text for sure type - they also probably want to stick to their guns of having qwerty keyboards.
    But isn't suretype something they could just license and port into the phone? Still, no small task- but goes to the heart of the engadgets letter to palm- could we try something new, different?

I loved my 7100- I'd replace my 700p with it- except for browser & the fact that I just can't buy a cell phone that is like 3 years old.

Based on the pictures that have been leaked- I am going to check it out, for sure.
    But if Palm makes a Treo with the SureType ppl will say they are copying RIM. It's a good idea, and they may do it in the next Centro, but it's still not an original idea. Though it is a new one for them if it's gets past prototype.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    I think Palm's big thing is threaded text messaging, which I am pretty sure Apple copied from them!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+