1.    #1  
    Still using my original Sprint 700P. Showing some wear albeit minor - dropped a few times but no hardware failures. Over the last six months, I'm noticing dust looking particles under the screen - some around the edges but a mojor number of them in the middle. Only slightly noticeable when the screen is on - very noticeable when off. I thought maybe it was the screen protector adhesive but I took it off and it's still there.

Does anyone know if it is actually dust that got trapped in there and can it be removed OR is it an LCD artifact? I might add that they seem to have shown up after minor drops but may be coincidental. If you're anal as I am, this will bug you. Thinking about just moving on to 755P but would like to save the 700P as a backup.

TIA.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Same here. I have a few of them as well. Always have used a skin on top of the screen. But these little things are etched in, nothing removes them. They do not appear to be a part of the lcd.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    The depth of the perturbations could be determined by 3-D confocal microscopy and the height could be determined by analysis of any resulting Newton rings between the polymer layers. The exogenous material could potentially be determined by confocal Raman spectroscopy.

-b
    What he said....
  5.    #5  
    From the 650 forum, I saw a couple of posts regarding this issue. It appears that dust sometimes gets between the digitizer and the LCD. You have to open it up and separate them to get the dust out. I'm quite comfortable with Treos and since it's out of warranty I'll do this when my 755 arrives. Will post here what I find.
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  6.    #6  
    It appears that the digitizer is definitely adhered to the screen. The adhesive is hard to separate and I didn't want to force it for fear of disabling a working 700P. I'm curious how dust gets in there when the adhesive covers most of the perimeter except a couple of corners. Oh well, I guess the next owner will just have to live with it.

Well for future reference, I will use one of the slim pouches when keeping the treo in my pants pocket to see if it helps keep dust out.