1.    #1  
    I posted this earlier today and somehow the post magically disappeared.

I upgrade my aging 650 last Saturday to a 755 and since then I have been constantly running into "Error 3000" (data services unavailable) connection problems. Snapper, Blazer, VersaMail and Google Maps all fail to connect to the net on the first try but the second try nearly always works. Anyone else have this problem or do I have a lemon? I often get an "Error 130" saying there was a network/sign in failure. Since I am traveling all week I can't g into a Sprint store to have it checked out until next week.
    It is a flaw inherent in the 755p rom. A much more severe problem with the 700p post MR.
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteWill View Post
    I posted this earlier today and somehow the post magically disappeared.

I upgrade my aging 650 last Saturday to a 755 and since then I have been constantly running into "Error 3000" (data services unavailable) connection problems. Snapper, Blazer, VersaMail and Google Maps all fail to connect to the net on the first try but the second try nearly always works. Anyone else have this problem or do I have a lemon? I often get an "Error 130" saying there was a network/sign in failure. Since I am traveling all week I can't g into a Sprint store to have it checked out until next week.
    Both my 755s having the same issue all day today . . . . . .Sprint customer service indicates that it is their network issue and their network engineers are working on it . . . . .

In fact, I was at the store for an hour on the telephone with Sprint tech support. They tried everything and then told the store to swap it out . . . . . . then the brand new phone (not a replacement) did not connect to Power Vision . . . .. . . they then created a "service ticket" and would call me back. When I got home . . . my daughter indicated she had the same issue all day. . . . . a call back to Customer Service then confirmed the "network issue" . . . . . .

I wonder if they now want the new phone back . . . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 08/22/2007 at 08:21 PM.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    InfiniteWill,

Call Sprint Support and ask them to go through the procedure to Reprovision your phone. When they give you the MSID number copy it down as it is unique to your phone and you can use again in the future if you need to.

If you still have the problem after the Reprovision you will need to get your case upgraded to Sprint second level Network support. There have been some problems with the Sprint servers configuration for accounts that switched from Vision to Power Vision.

Rich
    Still not connecting . . . .

I bet those Sprint Network Engineers are going to have a fun night. . . .
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the scoop gang! I will attend to it next week. I don't know how I missed this as I have been foloowing the 755p threads for months!
    Was still not connecting this morning . . . . . a call to Sprint Customer Service fixed it. . . . . they had fixed the network issue last night but the reprovision had to be done again on this device to make the final connection.

All better now.

Cheers,
    Perry
  8.    #8  
    Reglin, who do I call to get my phone reprovisioned? I don't recall ever needing to do this on my 300, 600 or 650.

Thanks again,

Will
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Will,

Call the normal Sprint support line. Use your land line to call so you can have your cell phone free to use.

When you get the voice prompts when you call Sprint just say "Treo Support" so you get someone that understands the Treo.

As your speaking to support copy down all the steps and codes so you will be able to do it yourself in the future. The MSID code they will read to you is unique to your cell phones serial number so write it down.

Rich
  10.    #10  
    Thanks Rich, I am calling them now. My phone when into an endless loop a few minutes ago and even with the battery pulled I still got the loop on restart. The only way around it was to hard reset. Something is wonky here.

Will

UPDATE: Rich, I think you meant MSL not MSID (which is you phone number)? I was told the MSL (the Master Subsidy Lock) is unique to the phone and allowed me to reset the network profile. So far so good. Thanks for the help!

Will
    Last edited by InfiniteWill; 08/25/2007 at 05:45 PM.
    MSL for most ##DATA# options. MSID for ##RTN# resets.
    Matty
  12.    #12  
    Well, my initial enthusiasm is gone as I am still having the same problem. I am still getting the "Error 130" message (invalid login) even after the reprovisioning. Not sure what else to do other than get an exchange. The tech support rep I talked to had me enter ##774# and then reset my MSL.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    What I do when this happens is first go somewhere I'm not Roaming. In my case, that's about 1 mile from my house.

Then, I go ##3282#. From there, tap on Data. Then, Update Vision Profile. This has always fixed the problem.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmFive View Post
    Then, I go ##3282#. From there, tap on Data. Then, Update Vision Profile. This has always fixed the problem.
    This is where I am a little confused. Do you simply reenter your screen name and password? It seems to have fixed the problem at least I can now get to the web. Jez, I guess I have been lucky with my previous Treos (300,600 and 650) I have never had any (okay, minor only) problems with any of them and I beat the hell out of them with all of my traveling. Thanks for the tips! but, Mail still fail after the first connection. gotta be a dud phone.
    Last edited by InfiniteWill; 08/26/2007 at 09:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmFive View Post
    What I do when this happens is first go somewhere I'm not Roaming. In my case, that's about 1 mile from my house.

I've tried that on my 700p about 40 times the last week and it doesn't do anything for me, still slow as a turtle EVDO.
  16.    #16  
    Well, I went back to a Sprint store today (not even the one I bought it at!) and they replaced the phone no questions asked. To about 5 minutes. The new one works perfectly. Whether I could have fixed the old one or not, now I don't have to screw around with it. Thanks for the help though!

Update: I give up! Now, the new unit is doing the exact same thing. I have no clue what is causing it but I suspect it is software related, although the same thing happens in Blazer as well. I only have two 3rd party apps. Snapper and USBModem. Both effect the network functions. Back to square one.
    Last edited by InfiniteWill; 08/26/2007 at 07:31 PM.
    A clean install will isolate the problem software program fo you.

It involves a hot sync, then a hard reset.. . . . . .

I am on my Treo so I cannot locate the thread easily. But if you do an advanced search on my userid and the words 'clean install' -- you will find several threads on finding the demon software that may be giving your Treo fits.

EDIT:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...22&postcount=5

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 08/26/2007 at 09:25 PM.
    There is no fix to dropping the network. This affects the 755p, and to a worse extent the 700p post MR. The only fix will have to be a software patch from Palm. The only cure is to switch to a model other than the 2 listed above.
    Matty
    Interesting.

I will have to keep this 'network dropping issue' on my list of potential issues. . . . . I have only experienced it on this one day above.

I vote for Snapper mail being the issue here.

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 08/26/2007 at 08:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    There is no fix to dropping the network. This affects the 755p, and to a worse extent the 700p post MR. The only fix will have to be a software patch from Palm. The only cure is to switch to a model other than the 2 listed above.
    So when's the Centro coming out again?

Or maybe the 800w, if it has the same 320x320 screen like the 700p and 755p.
    My nearest Sprint company store is 45 minutes away, I'm going to stop there Tuesday and see what they know.
    Part of me wants to see if I can exchange my 700p for a 755p but it seems like that would be an exercise in futility.