Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ive been noticing lately though that hardly any video file I click on works. Most of them just error out saying incorrect file format or some error like that... None of the Youtube videos work for me... weird.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    Ive been noticing lately though that hardly any video file I click on works. Most of them just error out saying incorrect file format or some error like that... None of the Youtube videos work for me... weird.
    Hi..

inside Kinoma, use the check for upgrades menu pull-down and download and install V4.3.1.. that'll fix it.. YouTube went and diddled with their links.. AGAIN.. it broke yesterday.. Kinoma fixed it today..

Thanks
    Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mgiven View Post
    Put me in the "love it" column and I really fail to see the "hate it" mentality. For the price (and a TC discount on top of that) this program is an absolute steal if it did NOTHING other than provide a constantly updating live media guide with thousands of preset internet radio stations. It is worth the price for that ALONE. The Media guide is bar none the coolest thing I can show people on my treo. It's like a having a little transistor radio with a giant dish attached pointed to the sky. Look at the cost again, then look at the features, then come back and use the word "hate" I still don't see it.
    Hi..

finally someone who gets it.. well, i'm sure there are more someones who get it.. but you expresed it well.. this is what i've been saying all along.. it's like having a radio with 20,000 (yes there are 20,000 playable things in the Media guide).. pre-programmed push buttons on it.. AND you can make as many custom push buttons as you want just by bookmarking anything you find in the Media guide OR any other thing you find which isn't already in there.. which copies it over to the front "page" you see when you run the program and tap the little globe icon at the bottom.. no docking, no syncing, no file transferring.. nothing.. it's all right there, ready to use.. sure, links break from time to time because content providers **** around with their links.. so you find the new link, report it to Kinoma, and they fix the Media guide.. but you don't even have to wait for that if one of your favorite links changes.. you just "Open URL" to the new one, and when it starts playing, book mark it, and there it is..

Thanks
    Harv
    Last edited by hrlaser; 08/24/2007 at 07:19 PM.
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    I've noticed that Google videos aren't working. "I'm especially interested in Flight of the Concords show. Is that because Google video is leaving the business or is there a problem with the links?
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    We try very hard to make our customers proud to be customers.

Related to that, we've already fixed the YouTube issue that reared its ugly head last night. For more details, please check out our blog.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    I've purchased it and really like it. Will it get background play ability anytime? Soon? That would really make it nice.
    just upgraded to the 4.3 version but you tube videos still don't work and I'm getting a lot of wrong format file type err msges
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Charles,

Suggestion.

I just bought it. But, how come I can't download it instantly? Instead, I have to wait for some email from your processor. Seems like bunk, to me.

We process credit cards over the web all day every day. As soon as someone pays, they should recieve the product. I don't think they should have to wait a few hours for some email. Or at least that's not how we do things in our neck of the woods...

10-4
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmFive View Post
    I just bought it. But, how come I can't download it instantly? Instead, I have to wait for some email from your processor. Seems like bunk, to me.
    Our support folks tell me that purchases normally get processed within an hour.

When you read this, please contact our support folks ASAP. If you send them a note with your name and email before 4:30pm PST they should be able to take care of you this afternoon.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    I've noticed that Google videos aren't working. I'm especially interested in Flight of the Concords show.
    You're a man and/or woman of excellent taste, bdhu2001.

(For anybody not yet familiar with the FotC ouvre, check out a couple of my favorites, http://youtube.com/watch?v=mlYkIJVguCU and http://youtube.com/watch?v=WGoi1MSGu64. Caution: Some naughty language, NSFW.)

Whenever you find issues with Kinoma Media Guide or particular URLs, we can respond fastest if you report them here. Otherwise, just let us know exactly what content you're seeing problems with.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    You're a man and/or woman of excellent taste, bdhu2001.

(For anybody not yet familiar with the FotC ouvre, check out a couple of my favorites, http://youtube.com/watch?v=mlYkIJVguCU and http://youtube.com/watch?v=WGoi1MSGu64. Caution: Some naughty language, NSFW.)

Whenever you find issues with Kinoma Media Guide or particular URLs, we can respond fastest if you report them here. Otherwise, just let us know exactly what content you're seeing problems with.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    One last quick question. When upgrading to 4.3.1 in the program will it state that full version or will it just state 4.3? So I guess what Im asking if you goto the about section on the phone will it read 4.3.1 or just 4.3?
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Thanks Charles, will do.

Hey I'm not complaining. I think it's fantastic that you watch the forum here, listen to customers.

I'm looking forward to using the player!
    Quote Originally Posted by scsanden View Post
    Will it get background play ability anytime?
    I wish we could, and I spent some time here explaining the problems inherent with doing this on a single-tasking OS:

http://forum.kinoma.com/showthread.php?t=1579

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    This is a great app, I love it. Note. If you have a 755P, all you need is the upgrade, $14.95.

I love it. The radio stations are sweet, lots of video to watch.

Great job, Kinoma!
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    When upgrading to 4.3.1 in the program will it state that full version or will it just state 4.3?
    In the About box, it'll say 4.3.1.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    In the About box, it'll say 4.3.1.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Do updates "clean up" after themselves?......or do I need to search for the install files with FileZ?
    I wish we could, and I spent some time here explaining the problems inherent with doing this on a single-tasking OS:

http://forum.kinoma.com/showthread.php?t=1579

-- Charles Wiltgen
    I've read that bit, and of course point out that other players handle background quite well. Since everyone rages about Kinoma I sincerely want to figure out a way to integrate it into my treo experience. Here's my scenario:

I'm listening to something.
    I get an email.
    I have to stop listening, drop out to versamail, reload kinoma, and restart my audio.

? Is there _no_other_way_ ?!?!?

Am I the only treo user who gets email?
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster View Post
    Do updates "clean up" after themselves?
    They do indeed!

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Quote Originally Posted by senjiro View Post
    Since everyone rages about Kinoma I sincerely want to figure out a way to integrate it into my treo experience. Here's my scenario: I'm listening to something. I get an email. I have to stop listening, drop out to versamail, reload kinoma, and restart my audio. ? Is there _no_other_way_ ?!?!?
    It sounds like you're asking for Kinoma Player to remember where you left off when you leave and come back. Is that a fair interpretation?

-- Charles Wiltgen
    It sounds like you're asking for Kinoma Player to remember where you left off when you leave and come back. Is that a fair interpretation?

-- Charles Wiltgen
    I would probably settle for it to maintain state on a stream or playing from the card. Is that a current feature, or on the roadmap?
    Our support folks tell me that purchases normally get processed within an hour.

When you read this, please contact our support folks ASAP. If you send them a note with your name and email before 4:30pm PST they should be able to take care of you this afternoon.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Charles, A few weeks ago I purchased the full version of Kinoma for $20 (I didn't realize that there was the discount for updating the version of Kinoma that ships with the Treo 700p) with the intention of watching youtube videos. Unfortunately, while your application does work well for streaming Internet radio I am unable to open any youtube videos directly. For example, if I enter "http://youtube.com/watch?v=WGoi1MSGu64" after clicking on "open URL" I get a message stating "Cannot be played. It may be an unsupported format, incompatible with his handheld, or an invalid file."

I also tried to update the program using the built in "check for updates" function but the program keeps indicating that "No update is available at this time." - even though I have only version 4.2 and the latest version available today is apparently 4.3.1. Is there any way to set up so that you email me updates that I can apply manually?

I had intended to switch my license over to a Treo 755p that I received last week, but I have decided to keep the program on the Treo 700p. I would be willing to purchase another license for the 755p if there's some way of the application can better handle youtube videos. Is there something I'm missing in the setup?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast