Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Been having problems with my 755 and evdo. Called sprint and got a new 755 which also has the same problem. Next they reset my plan, tech said my plan had some missing things in the database. After this with the new phone it still has the same problem. My sister has the same phone and plan and next to ech other her phone smokes mine. Anyone had this problem before? I just dont want to drive back and forth getting my phone replace if that is not the problem.
    Well, what exactly kind of problems have you had? A little more info needed.
    Matty
  3.    #3  
    I have been trying to use blazer but it loads sites very slowly and my sister has the same phone working very fast next to mine. Looks like it connects fine just doesn't load fast.
    Get your msl from CS. then from phone app screen type this:
    ##3282#
    menu
    restore
    enter msl
    ok
    when it returns to the phone app, tap web and it should ask you to update your vision profile, say yes. try that.
    Matty
    actually that's say "Now", not yes.
    Matty
  6.    #6  
    Took it to the sprint store today and they are gonna replace it again. Guess I just got a bad batch I hope the next one work, I am wasting the clear body skins on each one cause I don't like having them long without one. Thanks for the help. Crossing finger. I will update when I get the new one on Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    Get your msl from CS. then from phone app screen type this:
    ##3282#
    menu
    restore
    enter msl
    ok
    when it returns to the phone app, tap web and it should ask you to update your vision profile, say yes. try that.
    I've tried this many times and it has not worked.
    I own a 700p that has been updated with the 1.10 MR.
    My Slingbox is getting speeds of about 200k.
    What is going on with PV?
    Why are so many Sprint Palm OS devices having these issues at the same time?
    I had to call cs today. dropping pv a lot again.
    Matty
    starting to think this is a network issue.
  10.    #10  
    I hope they fix it soon if it is I am getting tired of going back and forth to the sprint store to replace my phone.
    This is Day 5 and I wonder, is even getting a new Treo worth it?
    It's happening to 755ps and 700ps (like mine).
    If reprovisioning doesn't do anything, what can?
    I am curious, for the 755p owners, did it start right when you first got it or did it start days or weeks later?
    Web pages take forever to load (if at all).
    I had the problem post MR on my 700p. Really bad, it wouldn't hold a connection no time, before dropping. Now a month after having it replaced with the 755p, it has started again. And has gotten heavier the past week. I have so far done a data restore+reprovision, and a set to factory defaults. Neither of them helped, yesterday I did the major RTN reset, and had to reactivate my phone myself.(be sure you have your MSID) Have made it almost 24 hours, so far so good. I do not however, hold out much hope after going through all this with the 700p. There must me a flaw in the MR 700p rom, and also in the 755p rom as well. If I have to replace this phone, I will not accept any phone with the words Palm, or Treo on it.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Hi Guys,

If the reprovisioning doesn't solve your EVDO probelms you have to call Sprint support back with your case number and force them to get your case bumped up to second level Sprint Network support.

If you had the Vision plan and you switched to Power Vision (EVDO) Sprint has a problem in auto switching your account. The second level Network support people are the ONLY ones that understand this problem and they have the way to fix it.

Rich
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    This is Day 5 and I wonder, is even getting a new Treo worth it?
    It's happening to 755ps and 700ps (like mine).
    If reprovisioning doesn't do anything, what can?
    I am curious, for the 755p owners, did it start right when you first got it or did it start days or weeks later?
    Web pages take forever to load (if at all).
    For me it started months later. I never used to have this problem with my 755p. The web was always quick to load pages. Now it just sits there. Like I said before I dont think it's a network issue because my other Sprint phone's evdo works just fine.
    diane
  15.    #15  
    Well the Sprint store didn't have my replacement today so I have to wait until tomorrow. This is getting very annoying. I hope the replacement fixes the problems but I doubt it will. Something must be wrong with my plan.
    This can't be a coincidence that all these Treos can't get EVDO at the same time.
    Is this a Sprint issue or a Palm one?
  17.    #17  
    Update.
    Last night I was with tech support on the phone and after a long time trying some resets to my phone and my account. The support guy said to go to the sprint store and get a different phone swapped for mine. Only phone I would swap for is a mogul but I am not sure I even want to. I am not sure if I want a ppc.
    Well, reprovisioning did not solve my Blazer speed problem either. In my case, Blazer has worked fine for me up until the morning of Friday 8/24 (I'm in the NYC metro area). I called Sprint today and the rep went through the reprovisioning process which did not fix the problem. She then gave me a "ticket number" and said an "engineer" would get back to me in 36 hours. Supposedly, this "engineer" will be looking into network problems as this rep believes she did all she could on my end.

For those of you who were not able to solve the Blazer speed problem by reprovisioning, but have been able to ultimately resolve the problem some other way, could you please let us know how it eventually got solved?

Also, does anyone know if this "ticket number" that I got from Sprint is the same thing as a "case number" that is refered to in post #13? If so, does what the rep refered to as an "engineer" the same thing as "second level Sprint network support", also refered to in post #13?

Thanks in advance for any further insight to what appears to be a very common problem right now.
  19.    #19  
    Ok my phone is working now. I had to do a reprovision last night, also don't know if this made a difference I change my powervision user name. Took a bit of time like 30 mins. but it is now back to normal. Guess I can stay with my treo w00t.
    Edit
    Forgot to mention the is something they call a Sprint hard reset where you do ##786# then in the drop menu you do a reset and you get it to go back to new condition. You need to know your MSL and MSID for this reset. Once the phone is back to the dial pad you enter ##MSL# MSL means you MSL for your specific phone then you enter you phone number and MSID.
    Last edited by Victor_A; 08/26/2007 at 03:49 PM. Reason: missing info
    That's a RTN reset. I just performed it on my 755p Friday. One network disconnect, today. I have a case number with Sprint as well. This phone was a swap out for the 700p post MR. That phone was dropping net, several times a day. This one is starting to, as well. I am going to the Mogul, if Sprint, or Palm won't fix this ROM issue. My understanding something in the ROM, keeps the phone from authenicating, when needed to the network.
    Matty
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast